• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Longest Interview Process

CTLION

Reaction score
I recently had a company reach out to me to gauge my interest in working for them. I had no idea what the process would be like, or how long it would take. If memory serves this process started in June.

Here is the breakdown:

1 hour interview with corporate recruiter
(2 weeks later)
2 hour interview with President of Division
(2 weeks later)
30 minute interview with another Division President
(2 weeks later)
2 hour online test testing math, verbal and personality
1.5 hour email test testing time management and managerial skills
(1 week later)
1 hour interview with HR
2 hour interview with an Industrial Psychologist
(2 weeks later) next week
Meeting with CEO and Board of Directors
Negotiations

Now through this whole process we have discussed everything but compensation. I am the final man standing in the process and it's possible that after 11+ hours I may turn down the position because it does not meet or exceed my current position.

I am a bit surprised they have not gauged my interest in compensation to this point. Perhaps they know that they can offer an adequate compensation package so they are not worried. I have not brought it up because I believe the fewer the candidates the more leverage I have in negotiations.

Worse case scenario...I stay with my company that I enjoy working for. I like my boss and the CEO and am on a fast track to move up.

Just thought I would share and see if anyone else has been through that many hoops.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How many blow jobs have you had to give so far?

CTLION

Reaction score

How many blow jobs have you had to give so far?

Fortunately (for me) Harold it's not the type of interview you are accustomed to (clearly), but if that helps you get a head (oh yes pun intended), who am I to judge?

I have received an offer from the company and I countered with a proposal of my own. I am not sure if they will accept my terms which means I need to be prepared to walk away from this amazing opportunity.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will you be on disability then if you don't get the job?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if they will accept my terms which means I need to be prepared to walk away from this amazing opportunity.

I'm sure that you're well aware of this already, but don't forget that a good job is more than a simple paypacket.

Although it might not mean a significant payrise, if it really is an amazing opportunity, then it could well be worth it anyway.

tityexplod

Reaction score
i think so,it really is an amazing opportunity, then it could well be worth it anyway.thanks
32.gif

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus.

CTLION

Reaction score
An interesting development...I met with my current boss and resigned today. He refused to accept it and asked me to meet with him tomorrow. He told me to make a list of everything I wanted and he would make sure I got it if I stayed. He wants to know what divisions I want to run and how much money I want to run it.

It was the most unusual meeting I have had in some time. More news tomorrow.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weird. Great for the ego but I'd be pissed if I had to let all that interview time go to waste.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads