• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The little horrors in life

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, I basically just had to awkwardly try to laugh it off while I frantically muted everything and closed all the offending windows. Thankfully I had not yet plugged in the projector.

i've had that happen to me during class.... thank god i was able to mute everything/close everything before it rang out...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Climbing into the shower on a cold morning - you turn on the water nice and hot. However, the shower plug is still pulled up on the faucet, and so rather than the water coming out of the bath faucet and being allowed to warm up, etc, frozen icicle death water immediately comes streaming out of the shower head, piercing everything in its path. Maybe even a girlie little yelp goes up from your lungs.

CodPiece

Reaction score
When your mother-in-law calls you from her home on another continent asking where you are. You reply that you're right here at home, duh! She's so dumb. Your bags are packed and you're ready to leave for the airport shortly.

She states that your wife and kids are waiting at your destination's airport. You look at the tickets and realize you were to fly yesterday.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When your mother-in-law calls you from her home on another continent asking where you are. You reply that you're right here at home, duh! She's so dumb. Your bags are packed and you're ready to leave for the airport shortly.
She states that your wife and kids are waiting at your destination's airport. You look at the tickets and realize you were to fly yesterday.

...ouch. I think this story needs elaboration.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

lol....

also, when your mother asks you to pick her up at the airport and you ask her what time. so you brave through seven levels of traffic hell to reach the airport a bit earlier, 'cause you don't want to let your poor mom be waiting there outside with all those heavy luggage. so you wait and go around and maybe after half an hour of waiting you call her up and asks her where she's at. and she answers that she's about to board the plane... the time she gave you was the boarding time!

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol....
also, when your mother asks you to pick her up at the airport and you ask her what time. so you brave through seven levels of traffic hell to reach the airport a bit earlier, 'cause you don't want to let your poor mom be waiting there outside with all those heavy luggage. so you wait and go around and maybe after half an hour of waiting you call her up and asks her where she's at. and she answers that she's about to board the plane... the time she gave you was the boarding time!

:rotflmao:

CodPiece

Reaction score

...ouch. I think this story needs elaboration.

My wife and kids left to visit her family for several weeks. I was to join them about 10 days later. While I was busy with a product launch, the dates didn't register in my brain somehow. I had everything packed and was waiting for the limo when my mother-in-law called, and I was pretty annoyed that she would be bugging me right before I left with such a stupid question as "Where are you". She called my landline, it should be obvious where the hell I am.

Well, it turned out that my wife and father-in-law had been waiting for hours at the airport for my arrival. They finally asked the airline to check the manifest and it showed that I hadn't boarded either plane. My wife at this point was afraid I was dead, and she, having no access to a mobile (this, a time before they were omnipresent) called MOL with great difficulty, who in turn called me.

I rushed to the airport and the BA ticketing agents were able to wrangle me a seat on the next flight out (the one I thought I was flying). They were also gracious enough to do so at only the cost of a changed ticket rather than forcing me to pony up a full-fare price. They were very amused at the sight of such a sorry and stupid family man, I think.

To this day, my wife and M-I-L call me the day before and day of my flights.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads