• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freewheelers seem like a mission impossible to get here in EU or it would be noticeably more expensive than Denime 220A or Japan Blue Jeans J501. I think I would prefer 220A but it seems that thigh measurements will be on the slimmer side so I will probably go with J501.

Would love to hear if anyone has any other recommendations.
Most shops that sell freewheelers will ship direct to other countries without the need for a proxy service. So if you like a specific model that's in stock that a shop has it's worth emailing them. I used to order quite a bit from Speedway, McFly and Genco for freewheelers items.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is in for the Bay Area meet up? I do think we should get dinner reservations if we're 5+
We have 6 folks so far in the Google Spreadsheet. Anyone else joining? @jtorres94 I know you said that you might not be able to make it on the 28th, but in case things have changed.

I was thinking about Drake's Dealership for dinner & drinks post the S&S visit? It's about 2 miles away and has good food and lots of drink choices. Someone had suggested something in SF, but I thought this was simple and easy. Open to other suggestions.

schraiber

Reaction score
We have 6 folks so far in the Google Spreadsheet. Anyone else joining? @jtorres94 I know you said that you might not be able to make it on the 28th, but in case things have changed.

I was thinking about Drake's Dealership for dinner & drinks post the S&S visit? It's about 2 miles away and has good food and lots of drink choices. Someone had suggested something in SF, but I thought this was simple and easy. Open to other suggestions.
Drake's Dealership would be perfect for me!

Lorcan7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Freewheelers seem like a mission impossible to get here in EU or it would be noticeably more expensive than Denime 220A or Japan Blue Jeans J501. I think I would prefer 220A but it seems that thigh measurements will be on the slimmer side so I will probably go with J501.

Would love to hear if anyone has any other recommendations.
DC-4 in Berlin recently started stocking Freewheelers... but yeah expensive.

Fullcount 0105 is a nice cut?

Jelado 301xx ? (might be more similar to the Denime's in cut than J105 though)

Gonzogonzo

Reaction score
So I am searching new pair of raw denim. I want a relaxed fit with high waist. Thigh measurements minimally 33-35cm. So far the best I have found are these models:
- Japan Blue Jeans - J501 - https://bears-tokyo.myshopify.com/products/japan-blue-jeans-circle-j501-14-8oz-denim-loose-straight (These are close to perfect measurements in that state so I am wondering if I should expect these to shrink 5-6cm like most raw denim?)
- DENIME - by WAREHOUSE - Lot.220A - https://hinoya.shop/en/collections/jeans-all/products/220a-or
- FREEWHEELERS / Lot S601 XX 1944-45 - https://mcfly-store.com/collections...601-xx-1944-45-2312441-14oz-indigo-denim-wash (also these are close to perfect measurements and it says washed but they should shrink a little more after wash?)
Full Count 0105XX
Sugar Cane Hawaii

Good luck!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC-4 in Berlin recently started stocking Freewheelers... but yeah expensive.

Fullcount 0105 is a nice cut?

Jelado 301xx ? (might be more similar to the Denime's in cut than J105 though)
Thanks will keep in mind that Freewheelers are available at DC-4, I am not willing to pay over 350€ for denim when I can get very similar stuff for a lot less. Fullcount rise is not high enough. Jelado 301xx will probably be too slim in the leg. I wish I could just try it and same goes for Warehouse. Unfortunately no stockist in my city.

Full Count 0105XX
Sugar Cane Hawaii

Good luck!
Fullcount rise is not high enough. Sugar Cane Hawaii might be solid option but need to see if it is possible to find it without the stitching on the back pocket.

michaellosauro

Reaction score
Thanks will keep in mind that Freewheelers are available at DC-4, I am not willing to pay over 350€ for denim when I can get very similar stuff for a lot less. Fullcount rise is not high enough. Jelado 301xx will probably be too slim in the leg. I wish I could just try it and same goes for Warehouse. Unfortunately no stockist in my city.

Fullcount rise is not high enough. Sugar Cane Hawaii might be solid option but need to see if it is possible to find it without the stitching on the back pocket.
It's funny, I don't actually remember that pocket stitching on the pair I tried but it's possible I just didn't notice.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drake's Dealership would be perfect for me!
I have made reservations for 6 (there are 5 of us for dinner and/or drinks). If anyone decides to join we should be okay. However, if you decide to drop out, please PM me. I gave them my credit card and they will charge me if we have a late cancellation.

The reservation details are in the spreadsheet.

bergbooty

Reaction score
I have made reservations for 6 (there are 5 of us for dinner and/or drinks). If anyone decides to join we should be okay. However, if you decide to drop out, please PM me. I gave them my credit card and they will charge me if we have a late cancellation.

Sweet!

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thank you!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads