• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm actually planning to pick one up when I go over there next month as I prefer no stencil as well. I would only buy at the yen price though as the mark up for what is essentially a simple cotton chore coat would be too much from a non-japanese shop. Sizing seems to be larger for tag size though so I'd look at measurements if buying/proxying.
Yeah it looks very wide from measurements. But I think it is safer to go with usual TRMC size, because its designed with dropped shoulders and shorter sleeves. So if you try to get a size based on shoulder measurements you will probably get size that is too small and it will look bad, but you will still be able to put it on because it is wider cut.

In EU it is impossible to get it for a price similar to what cost in Japan, so don't make me feel even worse. ;)

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Regarding N3 or P47 which is very similar.
I got the version from Workers in OD HBT, no stencil.
It's sold out.

I got the M. Unfortunately too small for me.
Very nice color and fabric.
Measurements and info here

173155898.jpg

Treble

Reaction score
Any brands similar to The Real McCoy's who sell 60s-70s style Americana outerwear (think parkas, down kara korma jackets, etc)? Ideally a brand with shorter/smaller sizing (as is the case for most Japanese brands).

Rocky Mountain Featherbed and Real McCoys are at the top end. Crescent Down Works for... down jackets and vests.

Are you looking for something cheaper?

Sierra Designs do some very nice 60/40 Mountain Parka variations if you don't mind buying from Japan.

All Blues Co in Leeds, UK have some models of Mountain Parka and down jacket - made in Korea and definitely in that Americana outerwear mould but I don't own them myself.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received the Far East Manufacturing oxford. Overall nice shirt with clean, chainstitch placket, welted seams. The material is a lighter-weight oxford than traditional. Not chambray thin but not Brooks Brothers either. Color (blue) is a good cast, not too light or dark. Maybe a sleight hue darker would be my Platonic ideal, but still good.

Fit is on the slim side, not billowy. I got a size 17/35 and the shirt fits me well out of the box, which is the problem as I'm to expect a certain amount of shrinkage with wash. The sleeve length is generous for a targeted 35 and I imagine hits somewhere longer than a 35 even after washes. I think my preference would be to get one or two sizes larger and subject it to hot wash and dry. That, sadly is not an option for me, as this is the largest size they presently offer.

With all that said, let me know if you're looking for a Far East Manufacturing oxford in 17/35. I'm loathe to return to Japan and price will be cheaper for you.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, meant to share yesterday: I got to handle a real-deal Brown's beach cloth vest yesterday ($800). Material was lighter and scratchier than my modern Wythe iteration. Cut was also true vintage with the back riding up to damn near the shoulder blades.

Last edited:

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another j-pro-adjacent brand, but I've recently found renewed interest in Ten c. I own several jackets and liners from them and have sold a few as well. My present fixation is whether or not I want a parka or a shearling liner (to replace the one I sold). The Buddhist therapist in me tells me to enjoy the jackets I own.

(The Ten c thread is very dead).

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another j-pro-adjacent brand, but I've recently found renewed interest in Ten c. I own several jackets and liners from them and have sold a few as well. My present fixation is whether or not I want a parka or a shearling liner (to replace the one I sold). The Buddhist therapist in me tells me to enjoy the jackets I own.

(The Ten c thread is very dead).
I never saw Ten C as repro brand really. Their aesthetic is a lot more modern imo.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never saw Ten C as repro brand really. Their aesthetic is a lot more modern imo.

Fair, albeit interpretations of old military garb.

jmiller123

Reaction score
tempImagefxOE7u.jpg

Ten C was always a cool brand to me. This is from an interview of Paul Harvey (one of the co-owners) in a magazine called The New Order which is a biannual art/fashion/creative publication. He mentioned that he and the other owner Alessandro utilize a specific fabric for their garments that wasn't given the green light at CP Company due to the difficulty of use & cost associated with it. I like their system philosophy in having a liner that can be worn with all of their jackets. The parka in particular looks great to me.

If you're interested in reading the whole interview, here it is.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2049061

Ten C was always a cool brand to me. This is from an interview of Paul Harvey (one of the co-owners) in a magazine called The New Order which is a biannual art/fashion/creative publication. He mentioned that he and the other owner Alessandro utilize a specific fabric for their garments that wasn't given the green light at CP Company due to the difficulty of use & cost associated with it. I like their system philosophy in having a liner that can be worn with all of their jackets. The parka in particular looks great to me.

If you're interested in reading the whole interview, here it is.
I agree, it was always a cool brand to me also. But their aesthetic was always a weird mix between old and modern so I never really bought anything from them.

jmiller123

Reaction score
I'd say within the last year my pickups have been trending away from pure repro to repro-adjacent, mostly due to fit. I'm not usually one for tucking so a repro denim jacket for example is going to be too short for me. Instead, I picked up this RE/DONE jacket which is a riff of a type 2/3 and fits slightly longer at just past the belt. Keeps the same vibe but looks a bit more modern at the same time. Thats not to say I won't wear the hell out of my Mccoy's outwear and Warehouse denim, etc.

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 12.40.08 PM.png

Wildeep

Reaction score
Could someone help with Orslow fatigue pants - is there a difference between Orslow army fatigue and just normal fatigue ? I see different listings on End.com and army fatigue seems more expensive but I can’t work out what the difference is. I’m after a slim fit cut but wondered if “army” is preferable!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads