• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I've been thinking about ordering a pair of these from BEARS for the past month or so.. looking for a straight cut with higher rise. Also been looking at the Sugar Cane 1947 straight cut, if anyone has any experience with them. Tried the RESOLUTE 711 and found the rise too small for my preferences (Selling size 32 711 rinsed not worn for $125 shipped to anyone on the forum!)

I had the same experience with the 711. The 714 is supposed to be the same denim but a better fit. I'll let you know if that's the case.

I saw mention I think on Reddit that the SC 1947 and the 714 have a similar cut and measurements.

Wildeep

Reaction score
could anyone give me some recommendations for similar quality brands or even items for women? I’d like to buy something great for my wife this Christmas now that I’ve been slightly enlightened in relation you men’s clothing… any ideas?

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
could anyone give me some recommendations for similar quality brands or even items for women? I’d like to buy something great for my wife this Christmas now that I’ve been slightly enlightened in relation you men’s clothing… any ideas?
Red Ants Pants?

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I see two options. RRL woman’s line is worth a look. Second, Japanese sizing runs pretty small. It’s worth looking at measurements. You may just be able to buy these same brands.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anatomica (mostly french workwear but MiJ) has items tailored for women including some really cool denim.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
I am searching for herringbone chore coat (N-3) in khaki or navy. I will get olive eventually from Real McCoys but I can not find any brands I am mainly into doing this style in khaki or navy.

I only found khaki and navy from Beams Plus so I am wondering how is their quality as I never had anything from that brand. I know they are Japanese brand and everything is made in Japan but I also know they are a lot more mainstream than repro brands so would love to hear suggestions/opinions.

View attachment 2038091
Beams also have this in olive.

Nice versions witout stencil also by Workers and Jelado.
What colour and size are you looking for?

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I've been thinking about ordering a pair of these from BEARS for the past month or so.. looking for a straight cut with higher rise. Also been looking at the Sugar Cane 1947 straight cut, if anyone has any experience with them. Tried the RESOLUTE 711 and found the rise too small for my preferences (Selling size 32 711 rinsed not worn for $125 shipped to anyone on the forum!)
There’s a great Toys McCoy pair on Rodeo Japan, i bought them a while ago theyve been my house pants for a bit now!

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where from? Frans Boone?

Sapporo. I love FB, but it's just way cheaper via Japan. Plus they order from factory so they have a full size run. And I need their absolute largest.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jerkstore

Reaction score
arigato!

Jerkstore

Reaction score
Be curious to hear your thoughts when you get it. I was thinking of picking up a RMC ocbd when I'm over there in a few weeks.
That stuff is definitely “try on in-store whenever possible.” The Oxford shirts have weird measurements and probably shrink a ton.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads