• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The prices are only comparable if your currency of choice is not as strong as the USD or stronger. I would not buy Real McCoys in Japan with yen unless it was used. I paid 1800 for my Buco instead of what 2600 plus 10 percent tax.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Felt cute lol. 😅😂 Still amazed at how mild a winter Nyc is having right now.

6497E092-AE44-48C7-AF44-3670537C3D48.jpeg

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Who makes the jacket? I like the leather accents.
Everything is Timeworn besides the shoes.

Jacket was like an almost NOS from maybe 2012/13? A friend that had it in my size sold it to me. It was a grail piece for sure.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The prices are only comparable if your currency of choice is not as strong as the USD or stronger. I would not buy Real McCoys in Japan with yen unless it was used. I paid 1800 for my Buco instead of what 2600 plus 10 percent tax.

Does it fit?

SocialSculptures

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Addict Clothes leather jackets? I'm seriously considering a horsehide AD-02L, but can't find too much in terms of reviews etc. online.

indigoeagle

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Addict Clothes leather jackets? I'm seriously considering a horsehide AD-02L, but can't find too much in terms of reviews etc. online.
I bought a horse hide one two years ago or so.
Very happy with the quality and leather.
The fit I find on the smaller side: I normally wear 42 in most Japanese brands, and got this in 44 for a snug fit.
But it might vary between different models, hides.

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an exellent outfit. You really should get a tripod and get into the selfie game. That would be beneficial for all of us ;)
Ah thanks man! I actually have the camera gear for it, but it takes time and my apt is tiny . I’ll have to try next time though.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've put my FCL jacket up for sale. Lmk if you're interested! 🍻

IMG_1064~2.jpg

Last edited:

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping this is the right place, but let me know if not - anybody interested in a pair of brand new Gleaners in black box calf in a size 6.5? Sizing does not work out for me :brick:

Pics here:

jmiller123

Reaction score
Hoping this is the right place, but let me know if not - anybody interested in a pair of brand new Gleaners in black box calf in a size 6.5? Sizing does not work out for me :brick:

Pics here:

Too small for me, but man those are sexy. Hope you have an easy time selling them- I’d post em in the Japanese boot thread

kevenmee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@kevenmee How was the sizing off? Too small, heel slip,etc? Such a cool boot.

Actually, mostly a problem with the instep. Otherwise, fit is pretty good - would recommend for low/medium volume feet but if you have high instep, probably best to avoid this (or size up half). Have enough shoes that I like wearing that I don't want to break it in and risk it not fitting.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads