• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

elongatedskull

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a new leather in the new year as I love my Aero but am very disappointed with my Buzz Rickson... i'm curious if you guys think the price jump for a McCoy's is worth it over an Addict Clothes, i'm not too concerned about leather thickness as theyre both probably under 2mm but i do like the single piece back on the McCoy's Belstaff style.. anyone have any recommendations?

Skanstull

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a new leather in the new year as I love my Aero but am very disappointed with my Buzz Rickson... i'm curious if you guys think the price jump for a McCoy's is worth it over an Addict Clothes, i'm not too concerned about leather thickness as theyre both probably under 2mm but i do like the single piece back on the McCoy's Belstaff style.. anyone have any recommendations?
Why dont you like the Buzz?

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Why dont you like the Buzz?
The finish is bad, though i was under the impression it was a black William Gibson jacket it has a very dark brown look and at the slightest rubbing turns into an ugly mottled gray like it's been painted. As well the buttons are sewn into the leather with no button support behind

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The finish is bad, though i was under the impression it was a black William Gibson jacket it has a very dark brown look and at the slightest rubbing turns into an ugly mottled gray like it's been painted. As well the buttons are sewn into the leather with no button support behind
Oof, buttons on BR stuff are kind of shite, constantly losing them on my deck jacket.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since this is now all things repro, I imagine Schott is allowed?

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
My first leather jacket was an Aero Dustbowl and it's a great quality jacket. I recently bought my first McCcoy an A2 and was impressed with the construction and leather quality. I had to sell it because it was a size too small, otherwise definitely a keeper.
IMG_0156 2.jpg

sood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have 6 folks so far in the Google Spreadsheet. Anyone else joining? @jtorres94 I know you said that you might not be able to make it on the 28th, but in case things have changed.

I was thinking about Drake's Dealership for dinner & drinks post the S&S visit? It's about 2 miles away and has good food and lots of drink choices. Someone had suggested something in SF, but I thought this was simple and easy. Open to other suggestions.
@ppk @schraiber @bergbooty @Mr. Six @sacafotos (unable to tag him) what time are we thinking on Thursday?

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Oof, buttons on BR stuff are kind of shite, constantly losing them on my deck jacket.
Interesting.. i've had fairly good luck with their textile jackets apart from a Crown zipper which led me to not being hesitant at all to pick this up but truth be told i have avoided Buzz since buying this... it's still a sharp jacket though.

elongatedskull

Reaction score
Since this is now all things repro, I imagine Schott is allowed?
I had a Schott ages ago and as far as bikers go i don't think they make something short enough to accomodate my taste these days, i was considering a old McCoy's Harley but i like the thigh length style a bit more

elongatedskull

Reaction score
My first leather jacket was an Aero Dustbowl and it's a great quality jacket. I recently bought my first McCcoy an A2 and was impressed with the construction and leather quality. I had to sell it because it was a size too small, otherwise definitely a keeper. View attachment 2098377
Looks great!! I love my Aero, there's just something about it that kicks ass

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting.. i've had fairly good luck with their textile jackets apart from a Crown zipper which led me to not being hesitant at all to pick this up but truth be told i have avoided Buzz since buying this... it's still a sharp jacket though.
Gotta say I like everything else about it though.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a Schott ages ago and as far as bikers go i don't think they make something short enough to accomodate my taste these days, i was considering a old McCoy's Harley but i like the thigh length style a bit more
I prefer shorter cuts as well, which is why I ended up with an old rough out rancher from FromJapan.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads