• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha actually I had the opposite impression. I understand that a lot of high end brands include some poly or nylon as it makes the garment a lot more hard wearing. For example No Man Walks Alone seems to stock a lot of Japanese made wool garments that will include nylon or poly. These are not cheap garments and I have always understood the mix to be a deliberate design decision because of the benefits that the artificial fiber brings.
They won’t be quite as warm and may pill more, but they’ll be stronger. It’s a compromise.

suedefetish

Reaction score
I am selling this RMC buco if anyone is interested, $800 size 38.
20231122_133950.jpg
20231122_134051.jpg
20231122_134115.jpg

20231122_133923.jpg

Wildeep

Reaction score
Hi, pls could I ask a couple of questions about the RMC M65. I have found a 2nd hand one I’m interested in. It’s the black over dye model. I like the colour. But can i check does anyone know if all of them have the tiger stripe pattern beneath the dye? I have read that it slowly fades to reveal the pattern and I’m not so keen on the idea of having the tiger stripe coat. But also interested in anyone’s experience of how quickly it fades and how it looks. Also , in terms of m65 liners, will the RMC model fit any M65 liner? I’m not keen on spending a lot on getting official RMC for the liner . Many thanks

Cobra

Reaction score
Hi, pls could I ask a couple of questions about the RMC M65. I have found a 2nd hand one I’m interested in. It’s the black over dye model. I like the colour. But can i check does anyone know if all of them have the tiger stripe pattern beneath the dye? I have read that it slowly fades to reveal the pattern and I’m not so keen on the idea of having the tiger stripe coat. But also interested in anyone’s experience of how quickly it fades and how it looks. Also , in terms of m65 liners, will the RMC model fit any M65 liner? I’m not keen on spending a lot on getting official RMC for the liner . Many thanks
Yes it does. Once I found out the product number (MJ14006), I searched that and found this (translated)
"Using the Vietnam War US military camouflage battle uniform BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) M-65 jacket as the design concept, using our classic "John Wayne" Tiger Stripe Camouflage pattern pure cotton fabric, then using vulcanized dye to become a black watch cloth. After years of use and washing, the black will slowly fade away, showing a beautiful tiger camouflage pattern with a colorful expression."

Also, only McCoy's liners fit McCoy M-65s. But it also depends on which version of the M-65 you get. I upgraded to the M-65 that released last fall because that was updated to accommodate the liner that is used in the M-65 Parka, so now you need only one liner for both jackets. Prior to this, the MJ9115 had its own liner, and I assume that liner also fit the MJ14006.

BenW

Reaction score
Hi!

I’ve been looking for cargo trousers for a while and just discovered the Iron Heart whipcord cargo trousers (IHR 502). They’re exactly what I’ve been searching for!

Unfortunately, I can’t find the size 33 anywhere in stock. Can anyone suggest a cargo trousers similar in cut and fabric to these? I’m really struggling!

schraiber

Reaction score
So we doing this December meetup or what?
I'd be totally down! I think @Jerkstore is only around for a couple days, but iirc you said you'd be here after Dec 16. @ppk and @bergbooty seem to live in the Bay.

I propose we meet up at Standard and Strange in Oakland on Sunday Dec 17. They close at 5pm on Sundays, so we could meet up at 3 or 4 or whatever, and then grab a drink and/or dinner?

Alternatively, could meet up at Self Edge in SF. They also close at 5pm on Sundays. Plenty to do in The Mission after that though!

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be totally down! I think @Jerkstore is only around for a couple days, but iirc you said you'd be here after Dec 16. @ppk and @bergbooty seem to live in the Bay.

I propose we meet up at Standard and Strange in Oakland on Sunday Dec 17. They close at 5pm on Sundays, so we could meet up at 3 or 4 or whatever, and then grab a drink and/or dinner?

Alternatively, could meet up at Self Edge in SF. They also close at 5pm on Sundays. Plenty to do in The Mission after that though!
Yup, I'm in the Bay Area - on the Peninsula. I'm down for either spot. There's a fantastic burrito place a few doors down from Self Edge, but there are a lot of choices for both.

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh and @jtorres94 is in Sacramento but I met him at S&S before. He might be able to make it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads