• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Japanese Repro Clothing Thread (Real McCoys, Freewheelers, Etc.)

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Killer! I actually bought these but cancelled the order before it was fulfilled, I love wide pants but my legs don't in the winter.

Interesting you say that because I felt way more cold with tight pants in the winter because the wind would just keep my whole leg cold where if it was wide and the length was long enough(or I could cinch the bottom), I would always stay pretty warm.

Although if you life in a super cold place enough space below your pants to wear long johns or other layers was way more important. Now I'm Japan it's actually pretty warm so I'm not really too concerned.

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
Interesting you say that because I felt way more cold with tight pants in the winter because the wind would just keep my whole leg cold where if it was wide and the length was long enough(or I could cinch the bottom), I would always stay pretty warm.

That is my experience as well. The extra space between the leg and the trousers creates and maintains a thermal vacuum of body temperature (if the trousers are tightly woven and non-breathable), which keeps the legs warm. It works similarly in the summer, when wide-leg trousers are more cooling than narrow ones.

NateDonD

Reaction score
Somewhat oldschool pick ups, Iron Heart is my favorite brand in terms of fit and style. The cargo pants really stand out to me.

IMG-9493.jpg

jmiller123

Reaction score
Love Iron Heart, have picked up a few shirts from them recently. Only problem I have is sometimes the sleeves are a bit long and forearm's can be snug.

Wildeep

Reaction score
does anyone know if any Japanese online stores supply UES? I’m looking for Ramayana t shirts and they’re sold out on the UES website. Could get them shipped within Japan potentially or to the UK

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love Iron Heart, have picked up a few shirts from them recently. Only problem I have is sometimes the sleeves are a bit long and forearm's can be snug.
I've noticed longer sleeves over the past 2 yrs or so. Not sure if it's a shift in pattern or what, but it has me putting off new shirt purchases from them.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I've noticed longer sleeves over the past 2 yrs or so. Not sure if it's a shift in pattern or what, but it has me putting off new shirt purchases from them.
It’s for motorcycle riding. I haven’t found an issue with the shirting, though. More outerwear.

Related, My new IH N1 sleeves are long, but once I tighten the Wrist part onto the second button it makes it more secure. That jacket is a tank.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s for motorcycle riding. I haven’t found an issue with the shirting, though. More outerwear.

Related, My new IH N1 sleeves are long, but once I tighten the Wrist part onto the second button it makes it more secure. That jacket is a tank.
I've always understood that as it relates to the outerwear, but particularly in the last 2 yrs I've noticed the shirt sleeves on UHF's are running longer, for the same size, versus previous years

jmiller123

Reaction score
I definitely prefer when the sleeve sits right without a bunch of folds, so when they have a 35-36"+ sleeve length when I usually like a 33-34", just doesn't work unfortunately. Guess that's why I prefer the japanese brands most of the time as they fit me well there. I will say IH has some of the best fabrics out there. Currently wearing a beautiful 9oz ombre flannel today that is one of my favorites.

Jerkstore

Reaction score
I definitely prefer when the sleeve sits right without a bunch of folds, so when they have a 35-36"+ sleeve length when I usually like a 33-34", just doesn't work unfortunately. Guess that's why I prefer the japanese brands most of the time as they fit me well there. I will say IH has some of the best fabrics out there. Currently wearing a beautiful 9oz ombre flannel today that is one of my favorites.
I gravitate to the 9oz flannels now over the UHF living in LA. So I just pick up one a year now.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I gravitate to the 9oz flannels now over the UHF living in LA. So I just pick up one a year now.
Southeast US and do exactly the same

NateDonD

Reaction score
The longer sleeves are what do it for me, all the other brands have too short sleeves and once you start getting into the bigger sizes all the other portions are far too big for me. I've settled on Iron Heart for the most part, luckily they have the best looking designs, patterns, etc too (IMO). Although Y'2 has some nice western fits as well in terms of leather stuff, and reasonably priced too.

IMG-9475.jpg

IMG-9427.jpg

IMG-9332.JPG

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The longer sleeves are what do it for me, all the other brands have too short sleeves and once you start getting into the bigger sizes all the other portions are far too big for me. I've settled on Iron Heart for the most part, luckily they have the best looking designs, patterns, etc too (IMO). Although Y'2 has some nice western fits as well in terms of leather stuff, and reasonably priced too.

View attachment 2060191
View attachment 2060193
View attachment 2060195
I recently tried on some of the Y'2 smooth leathers (own their roughout stuff) and was wholly unimpressed with the hand feel. I do understand there is a value proposition there especially if ordered directly from Japan, but I'll stick to them for their roughouts only most likely

Jerkstore

Reaction score

View attachment 2060191
View attachment 2060193
View attachment 2060195
Are you in Japan presently?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics