• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Ikire Jones Appreciation Thread

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The horns are sharp indeed and whoever is drumming for him is not too bad.

My depth of knowledge in this area of music is limited, but the drumming got my highest accolade when I immediately thought "Is that Tony Allen?"

And I have no problem with flannel that lacks scruples.

Cheers!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Will go visit my local news stand and have look at the issue.

Couple of questions for you:

Is the Yancey still available?

How long are the tunic shirts?

Do both have the same band collar?

Really tempted by one of those, though I've never worn a tunic before... :)

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will go visit my local news stand and have look at the issue.

Couple of questions for you:

Is the Yancey still available?

How long are the tunic shirts?

Do both have the same band collar?

Really tempted by one of those, though I've never worn a tunic before... :)

-Yup. Still got the Yancey in stock.
-Tunics are about 37.75 inches from bottom of the collar to bottom of the garment. They would probably hit somewhere around mid-thigh for most dudes.

They can actually be tucked in like a regular shirt though. The material is thin/light enough that it isn't much of an obstruction.
They both have band collars, but there's no reason we couldn't do a regular shirt collar like our conventional shirts, if someone wanted.

Hope that helps!​

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So W.O.E.is.anexcellentsalesman... :)

Will have a few items to display here in approximately 10 business days, allowances made on my part for the holidays.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yancey

Sleeves might could be a touch shorter. Will wear it for a bit and see what I think.

I sized up from a 40 in the Miller to a 42 in this and it is a more relaxed, comfortable fit. I think it will work well.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yancey

Sleeves might could be a touch shorter. Will wear it for a bit and see what I think.

I sized up from a 40 in the Miller to a 42 in this and it is a more relaxed, comfortable fit. I think it will work well.

I agree that the sleeves are a touch long, but that's a quick easy fix.
I think it looks really good on you when closed.
not too snug, but still with a visible waist.

Thanks again for the support!

emynd

Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood just saw you post your Yancey in the NMWA thread and came here looking for some updates. The jacket looks great on you!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@FrankCowperwood
 just saw you post your Yancey in the NMWA thread and came here looking for some updates.  The jacket looks great on you!

Thanks. I think the pieces are really special for a variety of reasons. You'll note above that I have one of the wax print cotton jackets too and I may look for another this S/S
Would like to go with the same size as the Yancey (42). It wears so comfortably.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@w.o.e.is.me. is it possible (since the pieces are MTO) to have a breast pocket done sans patch, perhaps barchetta or something similar?

I love the look of some, but cannot (for no logical reason) bring myself to roll with a patch pocket blazer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads