• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 5.14.30 PM.png

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see Atlanta on there anywhere...congrats!
TBF no one in the South really gets a look in. Even the Miami one is very artificial -- Fisher Island, which is mostly Russian absentee money.

1669174078987.png

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing in the DC area either, which is pretty incredible. Maybe we just don't have any those of those stupidly small zip codes that results in absurd "average" costs.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing in the DC area either, which is pretty incredible. Maybe we just don't have any those of those stupidly small zip codes that results in absurd "average" costs.

you are suggesting that west coast zip codes are smaller than n/e or dc ?

brokencycle

Reaction score

Honestly, having looked at prices in DC, it isn't that expensive. Getting into the Bethesda area definitely gets pricey quickly.

I think the other factor is that expensive zip codes listed have very large average house size. NE cities and DC skew small (I know SF has lots of small houses/condos too).

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That whole role would probably be California if weren't for the taxes.
Maybe? Rich people are pretty good at avoiding taxes, so I imagine a lot of them don't live in California because they don't like it here.

esoxm

Reaction score
This article really proves out that any discussion of real estate needs actual local perspective - it talks about the MA market and back back bay specifically falling off a cliff, while using stats for the 02119 zip??? Last time I checked that’s Roxbury - wildly wildly different market than the actual back bay

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Honestly, having looked at prices in DC, it isn't that expensive. Getting into the Bethesda area definitely gets pricey quickly.

I think the other factor is that expensive zip codes listed have very large average house size. NE cities and DC skew small (I know SF has lots of small houses/condos too).

Bethesda, McLean, Chevy Chase, Arlington, Potomac, Great Falls are all pretty expensive. Average was well over a million in 2020, gotta be higher now.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
of all the money i spent on my house so far, the best bang for the buck has been the $10 replacing the aerators in my bathroom faucets.
VV bringing us back down to earth. 👍

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads