• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In three years I think this is the first time I see the flowers bloom. I think I gave it a little more water than before? (The cats also like to dig up the pebbles and poop in the backyard but it’s been a while since that occurred. Scaring them seems to do the trick and deter…)

View attachment 2239347

View attachment 2239349
I live in Santa Cruz and have quite a few cactuses. I had a number of them bloom this year for the first time. Maybe the drought followed by two wet winters??

This looks like a pretty good deal. Same top of the line drill and impact driver I got but different batteries. I got 2x 5AH batteries, this comes with the newer high output batteries, one in a 6AH, other in 3AH. Might actually be nice to have a smaller battery option as the tools get bulky with big batteries.

Comes in a soft bag instead of a hard case, but that might actually be better? Hard case is pretty nice, but it only fits exactly the stuff the kit comes with and you have to make sure everything is in its place to latch it.

Home depot kit is $266 if you do the battery hack where you add free battery to cart, then return the battery (or supposedly you can set the battery for in-store pickup at a different location, pick up the tool, and then cancel/never pick up the battery).
I've always found those hammer/drills worthless for full on concrete. They're ok for plaster and chucking large bits but a full on rotohammer was needed for any serious stuff. How do you find this one?

brokencycle

Reaction score
I live in Santa Cruz and have quite a few cactuses. I had a number of them bloom this year for the first time. Maybe the drought followed by two wet winters??

I've always found those hammer/drills worthless for full on concrete. They're ok for plaster and chucking large bits but a full on rotohammer was needed for any serious stuff. How do you find this one?

otc isn't doing serious work, let's be real.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
otc isn't doing serious work, let's be real.
You mean he's not drilling 3/4" holes overhead all day every day for a month for pipe hanger anchors.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I haven't used the hammer (only owned it for less than a month).

I used to have a corded hammer drill of a similar style and it did fine for drilling some 3/16 holes in concrete ceilings for hanging curtain tracks as well as a bunch of holes in concrete exterior walls (of a ~1960s high rise) to drive 1/4" tapcons.

If you're drilling a lot of holes or going much bigger than 3/8", then definitely get an SDS rotary hammer.

For a homeowner tool and not needing to buy extra tools, being able to just flip it into hammer mode is fine.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Although I will say my corded hammer drill had a depth stop rod kind of like this:
IMG_3695.jpeg

The Milwaukee lacks such a feature.

Was nice to be just be able to set a depth and then lean into the tool. Not have to faff with watching a piece of tape or using stop collars that can slip.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I will say my corded hammer drill had a depth stop rod kind of like this:
View attachment 2240179

The Milwaukee lacks such a feature.

Was nice to be just be able to set a depth and then lean into the tool. Not have to faff with watching a piece of tape or using stop collars that can slip.

I thought it had a three inch depth maximum anyway?

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first got into the trade I was introduced to making holes in concrete with a 90# jack hammer.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I was about to do exactly that when the plumber quoted me $600 for a weekend service call plus whatever the cost of the work is. If I wait a few weeks, the service call is only $110 and they will do the work for an extra $125.

I’m going to try some WD40 to see if that will help but I think I’m heading toward a PB moment where I pay $250 for the guy to tell me I should have used this one trick that plumbers hate.
The first thing I did upon entry of the new place I’m buying is flush the toilet. Priorities

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My house came with 3 toilets, each of which had its own unique issue.

2 are now sorted...the third's most obvious problem was solved (just needed a new seat so I tried out an integrated bidet seat), but it seems to be rocking a bit. I think it is just uneven floor (its a sort of rustic/rough tile floor) so it probably just needs a shim. It is a new toilet (model sold at Costco) that doesn't match the others so I assume it was a recent replacement DIY job.

First just needed a new seal ring on the piston Kohler uses instead of a flapper. Second got a new fill valve and a new ring, but that didn't solve everything so the tank came off and it got a whole new flush valve system as well.

Also, 2/3 bathrooms didn't have TP holders. WTF? One had a terrible patch job where one used to be (big drywall anchor hole filled with soft caulk...) and the other I guess just never had one. No good photos in the prior listings so I can't tell if they used a floor holder or just had a roll of TP floating around...

I do typically flush the toilets when I look at a place, but none of these issues were apparent from a flush test. Also, it is more important for rentals IMHO...parts are readily available and whole toilets aren't that expensive to replace...if you hate the toilet and you own the place, just get rid of it.

Bigger one for me is turning on showers/fixtures...easy to fix a toilet, harder to fix a shower with no pressure (especially in a multi-unit building)

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokeguapo