• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Best Suede Shoe for Summer

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, these are some of the best looking Aldens I've seen. Way to go!

Originally Posted by Newcomer

alden5.jpg

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I almost forgot that one of my favorite looks for summer was woven leather. But I haven't seen it in many years until I ran across these today on another thread. I love this look as a loafer or a chukka.

IMG_3718.JPG

I already mentioned this option on Page four of this thread:

Instead of suede, woven is another warm weather option,
like these from Maftei via our own Fritzl:

http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...4&d=1204047042

The "Swedish Chukkas" are sublime, in any case

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
What last are those Aldens on? Post the shoes in the background,I like those boxes
smile.gif

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Wow, these are some of the best looking Aldens I've seen. Way to go!

Thanks guys. Yeah, I have to admit, I am a HUGE fan. They are unlined navy suede loafers on the plaza last on a oil locked sole. Most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. If you are interested in a pair, send me a PM, and I can see what I can do
smile.gif

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
Those are awesome, gnatty has a pair. Did a quick search, but unfortunately his waywrn pics were hosted on imageshack...

No worries, they will make another photobucket hosted appearance in the very near future..
laugh.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like these far better than the Cucinelli or Trickers versions I've seen.

Tan suede looks nice when it has some honest wear, a few scuffs and a little blue from the cuff of your jeans.

I would highly recommend that anyone spray theirs with waterproofing as soon as they get them. It will darken the suede just a touch but it keeps most of the real nasty grime off your shoes.

Originally Posted by sashae
DSC_1053.jpg

Happy with these thus far.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
what are they? i like them.

frivmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pliny
These are both just fantastic. Love the colour of the AS and the Browning is one of the best HG styles IMO.

Thanks! The Brownings are easily the most comfortable and perfect-shade-of-brown shoes I own. With this generally pleasant transitional weather in NYC lately, it's all I can do not to put them on every morning.

The Aldens, on the other hand, are proving a bit harder to pair with much in my wardrobe other than denim, but they serve me well on weekends so far.

ajv

Reaction score
Just got those new babies :

Adrian

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads