• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Berluti shoe thread

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
th

the finished shoe looks amazing reminds me of the G&G strand. did they come to Burlingame just to see you or were they making appts to see a bunch of people out of a hotel room?
Thanks I think the finished shoe looks pretty amazing too.
No they didn’t just come for me. They come to this little store called Sam Malouf in Burlingame apparently quite frequently. The boot maker 3-4 times a year and the Berluti tailor amazingly every 6 weeks or so. So bespoke clothing only has a turnaround time of like 4 months or so. Seems almost too good to be true. Maybe it’s time to give them a try now that they took over Maison Sirven.

gmehra

Reaction score
Thanks I think the finished shoe looks pretty amazing too.
No they didn’t just come for me. They come to this little store called Sam Malouf in Burlingame apparently quite frequently. The boot maker 3-4 times a year and the Berluti tailor amazingly every 6 weeks or so. So bespoke clothing only has a turnaround time of like 4 months or so. Seems almost too good to be true. Maybe it’s time to give them a try now that they took over Maison Sirven.
interesting, I've never heard of this store before. they have a pretty extensive berluti shop in shop at wilkes bashford so you would think that would be a more appropriate location for bespoke appts. but this location is more central to the bay area and easier to access for people who live in silicon valley. whats the story between Berluti and Maison Sirven? it looks like Maison Sirven still has their own shop in Paris

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
interesting, I've never heard of this store before. they have a pretty extensive berluti shop in shop at wilkes bashford so you would think that would be a more appropriate location for bespoke appts. but this location is more central to the bay area and easier to access for people who live in silicon valley. whats the story between Berluti and Maison Sirven? it looks like Maison Sirven still has their own shop in Paris
I know that they stay at the Clift hotel and also take appointments in the city usually. Not sure if it’s at Wilkes or at the hotel.

Regarding Sirven not sure about the details I asked the bespoke manager for North America about it and he didn’t even know. But I think Berluti bought Sirven recently. Not sure how exactly the ordering process works. I think there are more knowledgeable people in the French tailoring thread.

Attachments

• F309CCC4-3F62-44F5-A72D-3CA92880B513.png
    F309CCC4-3F62-44F5-A72D-3CA92880B513.png
    557.1 KB · Views: 108

kumizi

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about their sneakers?

I wear denim and sneakers ~300 days a year and am looking at the Playtime. I'm a complete noob to nice sneakers.

WSW

Reaction score
How do you guys feel about their sneakers?

I wear denim and sneakers ~300 days a year and am looking at the Playtime. I'm a complete noob to nice sneakers.
They're nicely made but very pricey. I use mine as a dressier sneaker option. Berluti can also change the patina and colors free of charge if you change your mind.

kumizi

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I plan to use them similarly. Was hoping I could order them in Nero Verde or Dark Grass but the website will only let me order the two colors in stock. Perhaps their production is currently shut down due to Covid-19.

kumizi

Reaction score
I only went back a few pages but did you post a picture of your pair?

Last edited:

kumizi

Reaction score
Sharing pics of a pair of MTO Playtime sneakers purchased through Bergdorf last fall and finally received last week. While there are limitations, I was able to specify the overall shoe color (Nero Caviar), level of patina, lining color, brand badge color (red), and type of sole. I was also able to switch out the shoe laces for blood orange ones.

View attachment 1152924 View attachment 1152925 View attachment 1152926 View attachment 1152927 View attachment 1152928 View attachment 1152929 View attachment 1152930
This is exactly what I was looking for. Those are gorgeous.

Now I just have to figure out how to order them. I might go for the Dark Grass.

Last edited:

WSW

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was looking for. Those are gorgeous.

Now I just have to figure out how to order them. I might go for the Dark Grass.
The Berluti website has a few of the standard colors. I think it is worthwhile going to the store in-person if you're going to do a MTO so that you can see how the colors actually appear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads