• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
what's going on ? trump hand syndrome or something else ?

i'm hoping i'll enjoy the big real estate since it's not my daily but just work phone, so can use it to read books too ? backorder shows ship date in november though :confused:

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
I find the 7 plus surprisingly usable with one hand. And the battery life is impressive, don't know if it's just the plus having a larger battery or if the A10 chip's power saving function actually works well.

what's going on ? trump hand syndrome or something else ?

i'm hoping i'll enjoy the big real estate since it's not my daily but just work phone, so can use it to read books too ? backorder shows ship date in november though
confused.gif

I made the jump to the 7 plus (from a 6).... mixed feelings but overall think it's worth it - some thoughts:

1. One-Hand Useability - think I have average sized hands for a 6' tall guy - the test for me is when I'm walking around running errands or taking out the dog - I can't really type with one hand, but can navigate through/open apps and read stuff, or control podcast/music settings - verdict: if i were in a walking city like NY, I don't think the 7 plus is portable enough for daily use. In LA though where I have to drive a lot, it's not ideal but fine for my daily - i also suspect i'll get used to this and not think twice soon enough....

2. Increased Real Estate - simply put, it's awesome and can't believe how much more enjoyment I get from the device due to this - you could read books on it for sure

3. Battery Life - I can get through one day with average use - end of the day I'm at ~10% batt life or so - I wouldn't say this is fantastic - if I had a heavy use day doubt I'd make it through the day

4. Camera - I've read reviews saying it's not all that much better than the 6 plus - coming from a 6 though, the improvement is pretty noticeable - psyched for the bokeh software to go public

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got long fingers so typing one handed is not a problem.

Just waiting for Power Support to come out with an Air Jacket case for it.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Swype (better on android) or Gboard make it really easy for one handed even for little frogs
1f438.png

Also coming from 6 so glad to hear camera will be nicer

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I use my phone one handed a lot and the plus is just too wide for that. I'm 6'1" and have pretty big hands / long fingers and it's still a pain. I end up having to adjust my grip and phone positioning too much.

I also don't take many pictures so the dual cameras, while nice, aren't as big of a sticking point for me.

I know I'll miss the battery life and higher resolution, but that's about it.

Last edited:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Agree ^.

Now I'm flip-flopping on just keeping my 6S. I think I may end up doing that. There's nothing on the 7 that is a must-have for me, esp coming from a 6S. Only issue on the 6S I have is the atrocious battery life.

--

In other news, here are some awesome BT buds that are very high quality for the price:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GNYFT8E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got them delivered and I'm very impressed at the sound quality.. like blown away. I couldn't recommend these more.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I'd miss the new Taptic Engine and how apps can tap into its API for special vibrations (e.g, how it pulsates when you're spinning through a picker view like the timer in the clock app).

That and the home button, though I think they could make a fourth option that vibrates even harder. I've been on 3 now and it feels like it's weaker and weaker the more I use the phone. There needs to be a very hard vibration option.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That and the home button, though I think they could make a fourth option that vibrates even harder. I've been on 3 now and it feels like it's weaker and weaker the more I use the phone. There needs to be a very hard vibration option.

i can see why you would want this

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's all be mature adults here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads