• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Figured you've probably seen the user video reviews of the saddle brown - here are 2 of them (after 2 months / after 8 months):

I had the blue leather case for my iPhone 6 - frayed and aged in a way that indicated somewhat cheaper leather.  But the overall case design, resultant fit and phone protection were really solid.  Was going to stay away from the leather case for the 7 plus, but became really drawn to the Saddle Brown color (paired with silver, but per videos also looks great with black), so took a chance.

Overall, I'm happy with the case.  It's clearly not say a shell leather, but it's breaking in pretty nicely, aging similar to the videos posted, and think for the year or 2 I'll use it on this phone, it'll get the job done.  The feel of it is a bit plasticy but I wonder if that's just the stretch/some coating they used that will wear down over time (and not an indicator of cheap-ness).  At some point I will hit this case with some Saphir Renovateur as well, and hopefully that will help keep it in a decent spot.  Obvious caveat: i've had this case on for about 2 weeks....

Be curious to hear from others / or if someone has some info on where Apple sourced the leather.... 

I have done more research and no one seems to really know what grade they use. I suspect top grain because if it was full they would advertise it as so.

I saw this case as a possible alternative. It looks nice and they use full grain. Protection doesn't look as good as Apple's.

https://www.mujjo.com/cases/iphone/iphone-7/leather-case-for-iphone-7-tan

AloysiusSF

Reaction score
jr - thanks, and good to know (and top grain not so bad, seems like good guess too).... if I was going to use the case for a longer period of time, i think i'd look into better leather for sure, but as it's basically disposable think this may get the job done (we shall see...)

quick google reveals some solid reviews of the mujjo case, though these amazon user reviews leave me a bit cold (re: the construction of the case)...

https://www.amazon.com/Mujjo-Leathe...ie=UTF8&qid=1475169791&sr=1-12&keywords=mujjo

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

jr - thanks, and good to know (and top grain not so bad, seems like good guess too).... if I was going to use the case for a longer period of time, i think i'd look into better leather for sure, but as it's basically disposable think this may get the job done (we shall see...)

quick google reveals some solid reviews of the mujjo case, though these amazon user reviews leave me a bit cold (re: the construction of the case)...

https://www.amazon.com/Mujjo-Leather-Case-iPhone-Plus/dp/B01BH8FGJI/ref=sr_1_12?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1475169791&sr=1-12&keywords=mujjo

Yeah I saw the Amazon reviews and some user feedback in comments from other reviews around the the web. It appears some users had issues with the edges of the case not holding up, but the people from Mujjo claim to have updated the manufacturing process to fix this. That's why they highlight the "Molded Edge Technology" on the product page.

My concern is the overall design. It doesn't cover as much surface area of the top and sides as the official Apple leather case does.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone having a problem with group texts starting today where it automatically starts a new group with your own number in it?

JohnGalt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been impressed with my 7's battery life so far. It really does feel like they made some noticeable gains. Certain apps like Hearthstone don't drain the battery as quickly as they did on my 6 either. Seems to be charging faster too. Overall the iPhone 7 has impressed me far more than I thought it would.

Hearthstone destroys the battery on my 6

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked up a Jet Black 256gb 7 today. Going caseless with just a screen protector. Really like it.

Nice, I've always done caseless, but nothing like a piano gloss finish (I have the regular black 128 GB). I'd be curious to hear you thoughts in the weeks and months ahead. I've seen them in person and they look stunning.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

phosej

Reaction score
Just accidentally allowed ios10 to install on my 6. I wanted to stay on ios9 for various reasons, and am seriously considering following one of those "revert back to the previous ios" guides online. Anyone have any experience and/or advice regarding this?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's like they let a 10-year-old girl design the message UI. Can you go back?

lefty

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For everyone that owns the 7, how has battery life been for you? I'm surprised to see articles like this one considering the battery life has been good for me so far.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...y-life-compared-to-rival-smartphones.2003826/

The lowest I've got the battery down on my 7/128 is 67% after a day and a half of heavy use. Then again I don't Hearthstone. Typical one day is upper 70% lower 80%.

Edit: I probably could last close to the whole week, but I often connect to my laptop to download photos.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads