• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Apple Discussion Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh, this is a relatively quiet thread. Anyway, I was tempted to get a new M1 laptop, but since I won't be travelling for a while, I'll hold off for now. I considered the M1 mini briefly but I like having the 4 TB3 ports at the back, plus it does what I need it for at the moment.
Think I'll wait for the second year/gen - I always hate buying the first version after a big overhaul.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to seeing the new MBPs with the chips. My biggest concern is for my embarrassing side gaming hobby. I picked up the 2020 iMac last-generation Intel, since I like to flirt with bootcamp, and it's insanely fast and if anyone's working from home more and a glare hound, I can highly recommend the nano glass. It's beyond snappy.

My 2019 MBP seems antiquated by comparison.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I have an Apple addiction now. The ecosystem just works better the more you buy in, so here we are with:

MBP16
MBP13
Ipad Air
ipad pro
ipad
iphone x (still!)
iphone 12 pro max
some Apple TVs
2x airpods
airpods pro
airpods max on order
beats solo 3
powerbeats 3
powerbeats pro (i like right headphones for right use cases, and have many more besides Apple)
accessories and peripherals galore

i think I may want a MBA for travel/bedroom laptop and may update work office setup to Mac Pro from a current Dell data cruncher..

but honestly it works, and takes very little time to set up, and well... did I mention it just works without requiring your attention?

Like right now I’m running a pretty decent video streaming studio out of my house with a ton of devices, and getting everything hooked up to my MBP16 (granted, a heavily optioned one at that) was a breeze, and it runs anything from reasonably hardware-taxing streaming (virtual cameras, etc) to statistical processing like a champ.

never thought I’d become such an Apple fanboy

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
one downside though: just had to order basically a bag full of chargers because Apple is doing weird **** when it comes to including those with mobile devices and peripherals..

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I'm so corny I have an "gratitude" journal and I try to jot down 2 - 3 things each night, and well, the AirPods Max made the list. Love the sound quality and microphone/noise-cancelling effects are truly spectacular for my line of work. Easy integration with my desktop/laptop/phone makes it a no brainer.

The one hang-up I have, and maybe I'm overthinking it, is is too dorky to wear on Teams/Zoom meetings? I've been doing it, and have black, so they seem sort of discreet, but not like AirPods Pro.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I'm so corny I have an "gratitude" journal and I try to jot down 2 - 3 things each night, and well, the AirPods Max made the list. Love the sound quality and microphone/noise-cancelling effects are truly spectacular for my line of work. Easy integration with my desktop/laptop/phone makes it a no brainer.

The one hang-up I have, and maybe I'm overthinking it, is is too dorky to wear on Teams/Zoom meetings? I've been doing it, and have black, so they seem sort of discreet, but not like AirPods Pro.

I’m long past caring whether I look dorky on Zoom. That said, when I actually run meetings, I’m generally using my studio setup with a real microphone and Pros for monitoring, so there’s that...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads