• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Having a large foot in a non-D width is the double-curse.
Everyone says "go to the store to get fitted."
Yeah, right.... They've got one darn shoe in the whole store in my size, on a last I already wear.
I'm better off driving to the local outlet/shoe bank.
I hear that. 13.5AA is a particularly special hell. 14AA works... usually.

gatszu

Reaction score
My first ave burgundy cordovan. Here's a quick picture. What do you all think of the eyelid alignment in the left boot?

I'll find time tomorrow to take photos with some sun light. The 201 last fit my wide feet much better than the 65 last.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first ave burgundy cordovan. Here's a quick picture. What do you all think of the eyelid alignment in the left boot?

I'll find time tomorrow to take photos with some sun light. The 201 last fit my wide feet much better than the 65 last.

I've seen much worse. Those look pretty good for AE eyelet alignment.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've seen much worse. Those look pretty good for AE eyelet alignment.

Agreed.

Btw, holy balls those are dark!!

gatszu

Reaction score
They are a bit, I'm going to strip the AE polish with a damp towel and see if they lighten up. Should be different under sun light

Last edited:

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think the eyelet alignment on the left boot is a big deal, but what about the width of the stitching on the caps? That seems a bit uneven to me (right boot wider than the left), or is it just an optical illusion?

I had been hoping to see a few more offerings in the 73 last, until the 201 came out. The 201 is so much friendlier to a wider forefoot than the 65. I still don't have a Strand (forgive me), but I'm planning on just going straight to the Bartlett for the 201.

gatszu

Reaction score
Thanks, fellas! I think the First Ave is a nice clean style. Can be dress up or down as necessary. The 201 last is definitely much better for individuals with wide forefoot like myself. I am tempted to sell my 65 & 511 last shoes to get some cordovan Barlette and Jefferson 2.0...

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that is a great looking boot.  should be a standard offering imo.

Agreed. The pattern is also much nicer than the Eagle County. A nice upgrade!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads