• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice CXL line up with AEs new boat shoes. Any chance this could be used for MTO? Navy CXL MacNeil, Badlands, First Ave, Bradley, Dundees, limitless.

rostov

Reaction score
Nice CXL line up with AEs new boat shoes. Any chance this could be used for MTO? Navy CXL MacNeil, Badlands, First Ave, Bradley, Dundees, limitless.

I inquired but was told it may be possible on handsewn styles made in the USA, but not for welted lasts.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll settle for a handsewn if not possible on a welted last (weird since they use CXL on some of their GYW shoes anyway).

Waldens would be great if still available for MTO.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a6dbb0eae23a2c79ce722f3268aaabfc.jpg
Badlands GMTO in action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll settle for a handsewn if not possible on a welted last (weird since they use CXL on some of their GYW shoes anyway).

Waldens would be great if still available for MTO.

I would certainly be in for a Navy CXL Walden or similar loafer. Leather sole or mini lug tap would be sweet (no Dainite please).

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Single butyl soles would be my preferred sole.
I'm writing the check now - is WatchIdiot your first name or your last name?

just kidding Dale. But I'm definitely in for a Navy CXL loafer with butyl sole.

Last edited:

jubu

Reaction score
I had the same thoughts running through my mind when I saw the advert and started to think what a navy blue chromoexel Strand would look like....

Like the Rush Street in Navy!

Touche...touche! To clarify, I was thinking of how it would look in a normal Strand configuration, without all of the contrast stitching and piping that makes the Rush St. a much more casual shoe...

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

According to others in this thread, there will be a sale on shell seconds for $399 starting May 11 at the shoe banks.

Are you guys just calling up random stores and asking for cordovan models in your size?

Didn't AE also have a web site for a shoebank where you could check for the available models?
Anybody knows that web site address?

rostov

Reaction score
I'm writing the check now - is WatchIdiot your first name or your last name?

just kidding Dale. But I'm definitely in for a Navy CXL loafer with butyl sole.

Single butyl soles would be my preferred sole.

I would certainly be in for a Navy CXL Walden or similar loafer. Leather sole or mini lug tap would be sweet (no Dainite please).

The Walden is no longer available, but the Cavanaugh is similar.

To be a rebel... My ideal would be Green cavalier CXL with a rubber sole. Odd colors aren't generally available FTW outside of D widths. Of course, this year's AE FTW offering is interesting for that reason, but I'd prefer a CXL Kenwood or Cavanaugh to a Kirkwood given the option. (At the price of a one-off SMU, I'd look at Quoddy or Rancourt)

Speaking of green... I wonder if that is a new leather for the saddle of the Murfield Village 2.0? Perhaps a Dundee, Dalton, or gunboat made in that? If it's the same leather used on the Neumok, it doesn't seem nearly as distressed in site photos?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads