• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jubu

Reaction score
What last are you guys considering for this GMTO? I may be in as well....$199 would be a steal for these....

The Heritage is on the 5 (65) last.

Thanks...my best fitting last, too. :) Will be watching this closely....

Anyone know if the comfort insole will affect typical 5-last sizing?

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email to Allison to ask if bourbon is possible or if there is any other mid brown leather that we can use.

Rough count is there appears to be 7-9 interested.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, speaking of variations on the Heritage, I asked Allison what it would cost for a one-off ie an MTO where only the sole was changed. Her response:

I am sorry for the delayed response. We could make the Heritage golf shoe without the spikes and use a leather or rubber outsole to make it a street shoe. There would be a $40 custom fee associated with that. If you want to make additional changes besides the outsole then we would be looking at a different price for the custom charge.
The good news is that the Heritage is currently on sale for $199.00 so we could honor that price for you plus the custom fee.

Thank you
Allison Meyer

Of course, I assume they'd waive even that if their were enough interest in a GMTO.

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, speaking of variations on the Heritage, I asked Allison what it would cost for a one-off ie an MTO where only the sole was changed. Her response:

I am sorry for the delayed response. We could make the Heritage golf shoe without the spikes and use a leather or rubber outsole to make it a street shoe. There would be a $40 custom fee associated with that. If you want to make additional changes besides the outsole then we would be looking at a different price for the custom charge.
The good news is that the Heritage is currently on sale for $199.00 so we could honor that price for you plus the custom fee.

Thank you
Allison Meyer

Of course, I assume they'd waive even that if their were enough interest in a GMTO.

I emailed her today about a different MTO idea and haven't heard back yet. I'm glad that it's doable, though. How long was her response time for you?

quidameister

Reaction score
I like this a lot, just not sure what I would wear it with... I am probably out, but I do like it.
I've never owned dual leather shoes like these before. Is there a trick to polish one without bleeding into the other? Could be interested as well. +1 Bourbon and dainite.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If that shoe was on a different last I would be in....or take advantage of the University as that would look great with Bourbon/suede.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just waiting on Allison's reply for the snuff suede + bourbon heritage. So far, the following have shown some interest:

@watchidiot
@7_rocket
@quidameister
@Mark_Y
@Indyoshi68
@alexdell
@jubu
@polishrifle
@CGKIII

I think walnut can also work. I can burnish that myself. Some cloth tape or masking tape will help prevent the suede from getting polished.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight (too many bals already), but just based on the difficulty that the shop has been having with the recent Eagle River MTOs, it may be worth considering whether doing such a difficult design (with such heavy burnishing happening so close to the suede, the burnishing wheel is quite big!) at such a rock bottom price might be putting our golden goose in danger.

What do you think, Dale? You're the one with the direct pipeline to Paul...

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being that they now have 3 or 4 burnished colors I am amazed they do not burnish the leather when it is flat...seems like a no brainer to have a machine that can burnish flat leather...but what do I know...lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads