• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Thanks! Mike, by foxing you mean the strip of leather on the heel?

The foxing that I am referring to is a squared off stitch pattern on the back of the loafer near the heal. Allen Edmonds does it on their Full-Strap Loafer.

With foxing:

Without foxing:

It is the tiniest detail, but sometimes it's the little things that count.

-Mike

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dale loves to tickle our arses with a feather.

;)

Haha. I'll contact Paul again once the first batch of the trunk show shells have shipped out. Then I'll get the ball rolling here. In the meantime I'm enjoying my post Xmas and new year vacation while the rest of the northern hemisphere freezes. Not at all related to AE but what the heck. No filter no edit for iPhone.
31dbe0accbb56a9ea969b7bdd48adb0e.jpg

Thanks! Mike, by foxing you mean the strip of leather on the heel?

The foxing that I am referring to is a squared off stitch pattern on the back of the loafer near the heal. Allen Edmonds does it on their Full-Strap Loafer.

With foxing:

Without foxing:

It is the tiniest detail, but sometimes it's the little things that count.

-Mike

Thanks for the clarification Mike. While not exactly like Aldens, I also had the stitching at the back match the moc toe stitch
17b08d940b9082793b1c571d41246082.jpg

Pardon the dirty edge and welt, I somehow ended up walking on the beach yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the meantime I'm enjoying my post Xmas and new year vacation while the rest of the northern hemisphere freezes.

Pardon the dirty edge and welt, I somehow ended up walking on the beach yesterday.
Meanwhile I walked a mile in the snow to catch a train to work because the buses weren't running on unplowed streets. :plain:

To stay remotely on topic, the MTO lugged Bayfields I procured last year (for this exact purpose) loved it:

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to move to Costa Rica?

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this thread is going to blow up soon it sounds like. Can't wait to see all the great makeups. I'm sure mine will be a few weeks behind as I don't think I submitted it until early Dec.

Looking forward to hear what Paul says about some GMTOs!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well this thread is going to blow up soon it sounds like. Can't wait to see all the great makeups. I'm sure mine will be a few weeks behind as I don't think I submitted it until early Dec.

Looking forward to hear what Paul says about some GMTOs!

I am not looking forward to it.....lol....still not sure how I controlled myself and did not order from trunk shows....

csmitty

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quote:
True, MacNeil and Dundee were the only ones that really appealed to me. More casual.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Question for you men who have had AE MTO's before: How long does it take for the shoes to ship once they are in the "Lasting" phase?

Because that is where my Natty cordo Strands were as of yesterday........

Thanks!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentlemen,

Question for you men who have had AE MTO's before: How long does it take for the shoes to ship once they are in the "Lasting" phase?

Because that is where my Natty cordo Strands were as of yesterday........

Thanks!

Lasting, welting, finishing, inspection

jubu

Reaction score
Are any of you participating in the Oxblood EC GMTO still waiting on your invoice? I've received the Brown Grain invoice, but still no sign of my Oxblood. Also emailed Allison the other day, but haven't heard back. I may try to call her tomorrow, but if she's still working on it, I'd rather not bother her unnecessarily.

Just wanted to see if anyone else besides me is still waiting.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:
True, MacNeil and Dundee were the only ones that really appealed to me. More casual.
Yeah that was part of it for sure...I think I also started to really look at what I have, what's on the way and started to realize I might be duplicating. Green or blue leeds would have been cool....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads