• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. Didn't realize this many people followed this thread!!
Same here Mike! I shot myself in the foot by taking this on though I have to admit I do get a rush in organizing this GMTO. Maybe someday Paul might employ me as a social media consulatant hahaha or a design consultant.

I'll share the results after polls are closed. All I can share at the moment is that we now have 49 respondents, even more than the listed names above.

tjyoung

Reaction score
Voted...if merlot EC I'm going to have to sit this one out as I already have a pair :) ...hoping for navy which watchidiot will probably have to sit out

1. @watchidiot
2. @JZrhwinnj
3. @polojock615
4. @Mossington
5. @Burzan
6. @FatTuesday
7. @gatszu
8. @JezeC
9. @adamdurbin
10. @tanbar
11. @Kahuna75
12. @mdubs
13. @lemmy127
14. @peppercorn78
15. @gg253
16. @buddy0329
17. @ScottyBoy920
18. @frankmartin
19. @evolved
20. @polofitted007
21. @ridethecliche
22. @albie31
23. @losrockets
24. @gopshoeguy
24. @polofited007
25. @mr fixit
26. @ridethecliche
27. @albie31
28. @rydenfan
29. @adamadam
30. @weswu
31. @Brown Dynamite
32. @tjyoung

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Voted...if merlot EC I'm going to have to sit this one out as I already have a pair :) ...hoping for navy which watchidiot will probably have to sit out

Actually I'll have to sit out both merlot and navy (and tan saddle EC too!). I managed to get 3 MTOs of the EC before they change the policy on clearance. Haven't worn the tan saddle and merlot ECs as it's still in the Us with my in-laws. They haven't had the chance to ship them to my location yet.

I was actually hoping for promontory point or bayfield, but anyway I'm happy to organize even if I won't be getting any. I'm in though for a any townley and a brown grain EC (my 4th EC)

1Ellis1

Reaction score

1. @watchidiot

2. @JZrhwinnj

3. @polojock615

4. @Mossington

5. @Burzan

6. @FatTuesday

7. @gatszu

8. @JezeC

9. @adamdurbin

10. @tanbar

11. @Kahuna75

12. @mdubs

13. @lemmy127

14. @peppercorn78

15. @gg253

16. @buddy0329

17. @ScottyBoy920

18. @frankmartin

19. @evolved

20. @polofitted007

21. @ridethecliche

22. @albie31

23. @losrockets

24. @gopshoeguy

24. @polofited007

25. @mr fixit

26. @ridethecliche

27. @albie31

28. @rydenfan

29. @adamadam
30. @weswu
31. @Brown Dynamite
32. @tjyoung
33. @1Ellis1

@1Ellis1 voted

Last edited:

fairlynerdy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1. @watchidiot
2. @JZrhwinnj
3. @polojock615
4. @Mossington
5. @Burzan
6. @FatTuesday
7. @gatszu
8. @JezeC
9. @adamdurbin
10. @tanbar
11. @Kahuna75
12. @mdubs
13. @lemmy127
14. @peppercorn78
15. @gg253
16. @buddy0329
17. @ScottyBoy920
18. @frankmartin
19. @evolved
20. @polofitted007
21. @ridethecliche
22. @albie31
23. @losrockets
24. @gopshoeguy
24. @polofited007
25. @mr fixit
26. @ridethecliche
27. @albie31
28. @rydenfan
29. @adamadam
30. @weswu
31. @Brown Dynamite
32. @tjyoung
33. @fairlynerdy
I'm also going to ask whether CXL could be an option, like @evolved and (I think) a couple others. I'm on the fence on the EC after having just pulled the trigger on a Carmina grain captoe boot. Purely selfishly, I'd love a makeup that's different enough for me to justify getting another pair of captoe boots, and CXL would qualify. And CXL on Dainite would make for a pretty great winter boot.

tjyoung

Reaction score
I'm also going to ask whether CXL could be an option, like @evolved and (I think) a couple others. I'm on the fence on the EC after having just pulled the trigger on a Carmina grain captoe boot. Purely selfishly, I'd love a makeup that's different enough for me to justify getting another pair of captoe boots, and CXL would qualify. And CXL on Dainite would make for a pretty great winter boot.

When it's all said and done, maybe we'll have enough interest for more than one GMTO. Did Paul state a minimum quantity for a GMTO order? If we have 5-10+ for a few different makeups, could each of them be submitted? Just some thoughts. Not looking for a definitive answer.

Last edited:

tanbar

Reaction score
When it's all said and done, maybe we'll have enough interest for more than one GMTO. Did Paul state a minimum quantity for a GMTO order? If we have 5-10+ for a few different makeups, could each of them be submitted? Just some thoughts. Not looking for a definitive answer.

Seems like there is a lot of interest in the boots, so probably would have enough people to cover two EC makeups. Holding out hope for the shell version.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I assume you got the Carmina 973! I was about to pull the trigger on that as well, but backed out after realizing there is an opportunity for an EC in brown grain. Ended up with the 5 eyelet chukka vegano.

I get you man I was hoping for a natural CXL PP that someone already has or maybe a chestnut dublin version. Actually, if I was doing this simply for myself I wouldn't have asked Paul about reviving the EC (I have 3 EC MTOs) and would have only asked for PP and the Bayfield onlly. But I wanted to get the first GMTO (or first 2 or 3?) done with as much participants just to show AE that there are enough numbers in our group to actually have a GMTO program that works for AE's bottomline. The EC was one of the more famous models MTOd within the group so I had to put it in.

Unfortunately CXL didnt rate very well in the informal survey we had in this thread as well as the survey conducted by tjyoung. That said, if we are successful in this first one, I am hopeful that Paul formalize a GMTO program for the group and then each one can have a go at organizing their preferred make-ups.

Absolutely correct. This fist survey I did was not mean to finalize the GMTO spec but to identify the make ups (plural with an S) with the most interest (I thinking at least 20% of respondents since there are now more than 50 respondents now). Any make up with sufficient interest makes it to the next round with the specs to be finalized for each make up. We then do another voting on the competed make ups to see how many will get them based on the est. price and with the final spec. Once we have the count, I will then submit the spec with the initial numbers to Paul for pricing. Once he gets back with a baseline price, I will organize a final who's in who's out check. I will submit this to Paul to get the potential discount based on the final numbers. Then we confirm our orders with our credit card info.

If this works then I will ask Paul if this can be a regular program.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. @watchidiot
2. @JZrhwinnj
3. @polojock615
4. @Mossington
5. @Burzan
6. @FatTuesday
7. @gatszu
8. @JezeC
9. @adamdurbin
10. @tanbar
11. @Kahuna75
12. @mdubs
13. @lemmy127
14. @peppercorn78
15. @gg253
16. @buddy0329
17. @ScottyBoy920
18. @frankmartin
19. @evolved
20. @polofitted007
21. @ridethecliche
22. @albie31
23. @losrockets
24. @gopshoeguy
24. @polofited007
25. @mr fixit
26. @ridethecliche
27. @albie31
28. @rydenfan
29. @adamadam
30. @weswu
31. @Brown Dynamite
32. @tjyoung
33. @fairlynerdy
34. @1Ellis1
35. @sleepyinsanfran

hoping for the shell boot, although I'm yet to decide whether to jump in if some other makeup becomes the final one for the GMTO

Last edited:

green garden

Reaction score

If this works then I will ask Paul if this can be a regular program.

Much as I would like to participate, these 2 make-ups will not fill the holes in my rotation. I have the chili grain EC and a cappuccino old model Lexington. It is actually the Townely but with a medallion. I believe both are in the 1last. I would have to sit this out and hope the GTMO becomes a regular offering and my CXL modified Bayfield gets some air time in the future. Good luck to all. Both designs are beautiful and it's completely beyond understanding why AE discontinued them in the first place.

Mean Mr Mustard

Reaction score
OK, just voted.

1. @watchidiot
2. @JZrhwinnj
3. @polojock615
4. @Mossington
5. @Burzan
6. @FatTuesday
7. @gatszu
8. @JezeC
9. @adamdurbin
10. @tanbar
11. @Kahuna75
12. @mdubs
13. @lemmy127
14. @peppercorn78
15. @gg253
16. @buddy0329
17. @ScottyBoy920
18. @frankmartin
19. @evolved
20. @polofitted007
21. @ridethecliche
22. @albie31
23. @losrockets
24. @gopshoeguy
24. @polofited007
25. @mr fixit
26. @ridethecliche
27. @albie31
28. @rydenfan
29. @adamadam
30. @weswu
31. @Brown Dynamite
32. @tjyoung
33. @fairlynerdy
34. @1Ellis1
35. @sleepyinsanfran
36. @Mean Mr Mustard

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads