• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wood

Reaction score
Brown Shell Townley would be awesome but I would be afraid my Brown shell Strands would never be worn again haha. They Townley would be much more versatile for me.
I would also be interested in a Brown Shell Townley.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about a pebble grain captoe, heel and up the eyelets...just to give it a little flair on the boots

Last edited:

rc121

Reaction score
I'd do the EC makeup just like tjyoung had it, but would be willing to do it in navy or chili grain and a dainite/mini lug

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
Townley is same last as Dalton, no? So same size?

How do you size Eagle Country? I'm a 10E in Dalton, but have a better fit in shell versus calf. 10EEE in Park Aves & Strands.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This thread is suddenly revived. By the time @watchidiot gets up and logs in, he has hours to catch up and digest with all the suggestions. Little did he know what he got himself into.

Haha I've barely slept! I've read all the posts already and I'm trying to think of a system to put in place. So many make ups put on the table already which is good. That means there's interest in this project but I wonder how many will still be on board when the final make up/s are determined. I'm sure there will be quite a few that will be disappointed with the final make up but we just need this to be successful and hope that AE will continue it as a regular MTO program.

And yes I didn't know what I was getting into. Lol :)

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Welcome back watch!!! You know, after some thought, even if we can do a group MTO, I am not sure Paul will go for a discontinued pattern such as the Eagle County due to the additional training it takes to do discontinued designs. Just being prepared to be told no on something like this.

-Mike

rc121

Reaction score

Welcome back watch!!! You know, after some thought, even if we can do a group MTO, I am not sure Paul will go for a discontinued pattern such as the Eagle County due to the additional training it takes to do discontinued designs. Just being prepared to be told no on something like this.

-Mike
Paul already confirmed they could do these styles

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I've barely slept! I've read all the posts already and I'm trying to think of a system to put in place. So many make ups put on the table already which is good. That means there's interest in this project but I wonder how many will still be on board when the final make up/s are determined. I'm sure there will be quite a few that will be disappointed with the final make up but we just need this to be successful and hope that AE will continue it as a regular MTO program.

And yes I didn't know what I was getting into. Lol :)

haha. perhaps you can set up an SF poll with a few basic options on most-polled styles/material, based on the several pages of opinions:
<Boots> in cappuccino shell, dainite sole
<Boots> in cappuccino shell, half-lug sole
<Boots> in chili grain calf, dainite sole
<Boots> in chili grain calf, half-lug sole
Townleys in shell, double leather sole
Townleys in shell, dainite sole

The poll could be multiple choice instead of having to pick one

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-Mike

Thanks Mike! See earlier posts. Paul got us covered. He will allow us to do the discontinued styles I posted. Haha the post got buried immediately by an avalanche of replies.

Last edited:

AE_afficionado

Reaction score

haha. perhaps you can set up an SF poll with a few basic options on most-polled styles/material, based on the several pages of opinions:
<Boots> in cappuccino shell, dainite sole
<Boots> in cappuccino shell, half-lug sole
<Boots> in chili grain calf, dainite sole
<Boots> in chili grain calf, half-lug sole
Townleys in shell, double leather sole
Townleys in shell, dainite sole

The poll could be multiple choice instead of having to pick one

Depending on level of interest you may want two polls, one for a Townley and one for EC.

Alternatively, if we have multiple makeups up for consideration but not enough interest to do two separate orders, perhaps you can run one poll as an elimination round prior to a final round poll.

green garden

Reaction score
Wow, the thread just exploded.

Since I already have the chili-grain Eagle County, I hope you guys don't mind if I stir the pot a bit.
stirpot.gif

My vote is for a modified Bayfield in either Congac (not sure if this is the name of color) or Nat CXL with a flat welt. When I was placing the order for the Eagle County, the other idea I had was a Bayfield in CXL without perforations in the quarters. I've already asked Allison if this can be done and she confirmed. But then the price on the Eagle County was just so attractive so I entered that instead.

We can discuss other aspects of the boot, but that's the basic idea.

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like we have five people interested in the Townley:

Me
Burzan
Wood
Half n Half n Half
Losrockets

Might I suggest the following:
-Brown Shell
-Independence lining
-Brown welt
-Medium brown edge dressing
-Double Redenbach sole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads