• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Somebody stop Smith before he orders another MacNeil!!!
crackup[1].gif

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although i really liked the way these turned out, I'm not crazy about the dark brown trim between the welt & the top of the soles. I think it would have made for a nicer transition between the welt and the sole if that dark ring was the same color the rest of the edge dressing. It kind of reminds me of eyeliner.
I noticed that some MTOs with the same welt/edge dressing specs as mine have that brown ring and some don't. Is there a particular wording I should be using so the top and edge of my soles come out the same color? My previous ones came out the same way also with the top of the soles (the part that is wheeled) a dark brown and the edges light transparent brown.

You worded it correctly, they just didn't do the right thing. You asked for a chili welt and they gave you a brown welt. Sometimes when I ask for chili welt, I get the chili welt (which is transparent like you describe) and sometimes I get brown. I agree that Chili would look nicer. It's quite an annoyance.... there aren't that many specs and you'd think the person doing final inspection would catch this. I've learned to just accept this in my orders though it's not ideal. I can only guess they are trying to pump these out fast...

Last edited:

MKJ1

Reaction score

You worded it correctly, they just didn't do the right thing. You asked for a chili welt and they gave you a brown welt. Sometimes when I ask for chili welt, I get the chili welt (which is transparent like you describe) and sometimes I get brown. I agree that Chili would look nicer. It's quite an annoyance.... there aren't that many specs and you'd think the person doing final inspection would catch this. I've learned to just accept this in my orders though it's not ideal. I can only guess they are trying to pump these out fast...

Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps emphasizing what I want a little more might help with the next order. At this price, I really can't complain. The golf version allowed me to essentially get the strands in a more accommodating last. I was just wondering if i was failing to explain something correctly

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boys, you know what time it is. MTO delivery time! This time a gorgeous Bourbon leather Fullerton. Here are the pics and specs:

Specs:
- Fullerton Cap-Toe Oxfords
- Leather: Bourbon Calf
- Exposed antique brass eyelets
- Tone on Tone stitching
- Chili flat welt
- Wheeled and fudged edges
- Double butyl leather outsole
- Light brown transparent edge dressing
- Flat waxed laces
- Standard Brown leather insole

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boys, you know what time it is. MTO delivery time! This time a gorgeous Bourbon leather Fullerton. Here are the pics and specs:

Specs:
- Fullerton Cap-Toe Oxfords
- Leather: Bourbon Calf
- Exposed antique brass eyelets
- Tone on Tone stitching
- Chili flat welt
- Wheeled and fudged edges
- Double butyl leather outsole
- Light brown transparent edge dressing
- Flat waxed laces
- Standard Brown leather insole

Nice! 13 more shoe trees to go :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads