• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RAGE AGAINST THE DYING OF THE LIGHT!!!

Blue suede McAllister MTO.

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to one of those kits?

Simply do a search on ebay or Amazon for "Champ Street Caps." Champ seems to be the brand of spikes on the stock Heritage. The AE website doesn't say which thread size is used for the Heritage but its listing for the Double Eagle specifically says "standard small thread." Champ makes these things for more than one thread size, including "small thread." Prices including shipping seem to vary from $9-20. I'm pretty sure Champ is a widely sold golf accessory so you might be able to find them at a brick & mortar store in your area. NOTE: Not all the kits include the little wrench you'll need.

Obviously, the bottom of your shoes would have these 11 little circles on them but if someone found a Shoebank version in acceptable condition, it is a decent option for someone wanting to gettinto a nice spectator inexpensively this summer without having to wait for a re-sole.

Of course, you could also actually use the shoe to play golf in from time to time.
smile.gif
These caps don't seem to be permanent and I think you could put them on and remove them latter and put the spikes back on as the need requires.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No new posts in a week?
This thread is as dead as the GMTO program.

I hope somebody has something to share soon.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my final Trunk Show MTO yesterday.

Deep dark brown cordovan Dundees with mini lug tap soles; brown reverse welt and transparent brown edging. They are magnificent!!

Wearing them today! I'll post photos this weekend!

garland

Reaction score
Those navy graysons are fantastic! love seeing them again.

Shoes4play

Reaction score
No new posts in a week?
This thread is as dead as the GMTO program.

I hope somebody has something to share soon.

Tomorrow I'm receiving my third Burgundy Shell Strand GMTO remake from last October. Keeping my fingers crossed.

CGKIII

Reaction score
Paul posted in the AE Appreciation thread that another trunk show would be happening (no details on when). Trying to brainstorm what I might want. Green Franciscan is the only thing coming to mind right now. Silver hardware, unsure on the welt color / edge dressing. Brown or chili are winning in my head, but I wonder if black just might look better. I'll have to go back and check out pictures of some of the green make-ups from this last round.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Paul posted in the AE Appreciation thread that another trunk show would be happening (no details on when). Trying to brainstorm what I might want. Green Franciscan is the only thing coming to mind right now. Silver hardware, unsure on the welt color / edge dressing. Brown or chili are winning in my head, but I wonder if black just might look better. I'll have to go back and check out pictures of some of the green make-ups from this last round.

Black is always best.
:foo:

garland

Reaction score

My short list:

Navy Leeds
Green Patriot
Green First Ave boot
Navy Cornwallis :D

Unfortunately I'll probably have to pick just one.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
racohen