• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm up for almost anything LB.... I know mr8ys was really wanting the Tan however, and he headed up the project, so I'm in there. But if there is a colour change I'm all for it. Not too picky on this one.

mry8s

Reaction score

Ok, that's makes 2 of us. 10 more to go!

@mry8s, can I ride on to your submission to Allison on case I get 12 people in on this spec?
we

Explain "ride on" for me..

Personally still only interested in the tan dublin with split reverse welt. I could imagine austerity wingtip tho.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

we

Explain "ride on" for me..

Personally still only interested in the tan dublin with split reverse welt. I could imagine austerity wingtip tho.

In other words, "tag along". His mto would be separate from yours, but they'll share in the pricing. Sorta like @rostov doing 3 different ER GMTO's.

It should not affect your proposed make-up at all.

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another eyelet/speedhook victim reporting in:

I've read about the file suggestions and will probably do that but it seems a little ridiculous to have to do in the first place IMO :/

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My GMTO Bayfields fell victim also..agree a bit absurd...perhaps they are not even aware of the problem..Maybe when I communicate with Allison next I will ask her to pass it along to that department.

mry8s

Reaction score
In other words, "tag along". His mto would be separate from yours, but they'll share in the pricing. Sorta like @rostov doing 3 different ER GMTO's.

It should not affect your proposed make-up at all.
I suppose that's less up to me and more up to AE/Allison.

In any case, with only 8 people and no newcomers expressing interest, it may be irrelevant anyway. At worst, I pay the sale price plus MTO cost and you all have helped me narrow down some of the details I struggled with.

And now you've got me pondering the unperforated option as a neat twist.

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My GMTO Bayfields fell victim also..agree a bit absurd...perhaps they are not even aware of the problem..Maybe when I communicate with Allison next I will ask her to pass it along to that department.

I don't know . . . many of my boots have this issue and frankly I don't really care about it because no one will ever see it . . . should I be caring?

iloveplaid

Reaction score
PSA: The Eagle County MTO is submitted to Allison and I can take no more additions! We ended up with more than twelve on Brown Grain and Oxblood, and 11 for Chili Grain. I did, however, get a last-minute request to get added onto Chili Grain, so we'll see if Allison okays it. Worst-case, most buyers have indicated a fallback (mostly to brown grain).

Thanks everyone!

Rostov or anyone else - if I wanted to add a 6D for my wife, is that a request I can make to allison when she contacts me?

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, life's a marathon, not a sprint, right? 8 1/2 weeks after order confirmation guess what arrived? (I happened to be wearing flannel. Not sure about that.)

No flaws and I love the captoe on these. I wish the EC came in EE, but I knew that going in.

Thanks again to Dale for "herding cats" and getting this done.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
On my Bayfields it would have worn a hole right through the tongue in short order I think ..but light scuffs would not be a concern. My Navy EC's were more light scratches -someone else posted a picture of the eyelet that gauged into a good part of the leather...I guess it comes down to it doesn't happen on my other makers boots so I am thinking it should not happen on AE's...certainly nothing I would be calling looking for a discount for.

jrunner45

Reaction score
I suppose that's less up to me and more up to AE/Allison.

In any case, with only 8 people and no newcomers expressing interest, it may be irrelevant anyway. At worst, I pay the sale price plus MTO cost and you all have helped me narrow down some of the details I struggled with.

And now you've got me pondering the unperforated option as a neat twist.
I'm not sure if you are thinking of leaving out the medallion as well--IMHO I think the wing-tip looks a little odd with out the medallion. I am considering your LB build and searched for examples of tan dublin. I discovered these are pictures of Dnslater's Aberdeen in tan dublin:

Is this the look your going for the LB tan dublin build?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
London Banker