• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got some sunlight.

McAllister boots in marbled burgundy with the flat chili welt on black Dainite.

IMG_5879.jpeg
IMG_5880.jpeg
IMG_5881.jpeg
IMG_5882.jpeg
IMG_5886.jpeg

Strands in marbled burgundy with the split reverse chili welt on single JR.

IMG_5892.jpeg
IMG_5889.jpeg
IMG_5890.jpeg
IMG_5893.jpeg
IMG_5894.jpeg

The entire marbled burgundy gang assembled. The belt is a bit strange. It doesn’t have the same finish on it as the rest of the items, so it looks rather pink/purple in comparison.

IMG_5895.jpeg
IMG_5897.jpeg
IMG_5898.jpeg

My favorite shoe model.

IMG_5900.jpeg

And here’s the sad stuff on the McA boots… you can see the broken stitching here in the broguing near the welt.

IMG_5887.jpeg

And here the pattern on the counter is weird. On both the left and right boot, you can see the the counter is slightly to the right side of the boot. It may be hard to see in these photos, but the broguing is not symmetrical across the stitching at the base of the counter. I would be more understanding if the right boot leaned left and the left leaned right, but they both lean right. Oddly enough, I checked out my pair of magnet suede Hamiltons (which I assume use the same counter), and sure enough, they have the same issue. Makes me wonder if all Hamiltons have this aberration.

IMG_5883.jpeg
IMG_5884.jpeg
IMG_5885.jpeg

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2nd time wearing the hatch grain parks, but first time doing pix. Really like how they creased just below the captoe! (I never set my creases). In sunlight they look more milky. But in office light, more walnut. Left toe already took a slight scrape. Bring on the patina!
fYJbBZD.jpg

8JUwSl8.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beginning to think that Chili Shell is the best color. View attachment 2264607

Brown shell would like to have a word with you. (And burgundy shell will want a word with you if I break them out tomorrow.)

Man, I'm feeling so much regret today as I log on and see two different instances of shell Freeport boots. Such a tragedy that the Freeport model has been relegated to the vault. Would love a pair in shell, or a natty CXL if I can ever find one.

IMG_8311.jpg
IMG_8313.jpg

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
The speed at which they discontinue some models just blows my mind.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Freeport returns in a future trunk show.

Still hoping that one day they offer the Patton via either the custom configurator or a trunk show.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgundy Daltons from back in the MTO days where you had various customizable options, like welt swaps.

Outside of *maybe* some reverse or watermelon shell, I think these are the best looking Daltons AE ever produced.

View attachment 2265381
View attachment 2265383

Only “special” shell they released the Daltons with was the 2019 Antique Cherry (marbled burgundy). Obviously @suuteebird has a few pairs of reverse shell Daltons on the 1757(?) last? But those don’t count.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads