• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

polojock615

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_3478.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. Time to pull out the natty MacNeils.

IMG_3698.jpg

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Full sun now, but rain coming today for these waxed suede Higgins Mill boots.

IMG_7536.jpg

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went back to work today an wanted something more serious. I've had these since 2016, back when I was still figuring out my 65 last sizing. Most of my shoes 1/2 size up, i have sold off. This is one of the few that remains because it fits on the more narrow side, which works out fine for me. A little long, but not too bad. PA in merlot. For some reason, I thought of JFWR when I put these on.

IMG_20240227_083657838.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I guess what has me surprised is that the Hampton last feels smaller to me than the 65. I only had one pair on the last, but it was pushing down on my big toe in a way that the 65 does not. I know it's one of Alden's most cozy lasts, so I'm surprised you can so easily get it to work but not the 65. The Hampton does have more instep room though.

Yeah, it is all about the instep for me. I felt like chasing my tail with the 65. As a EEE the only variable for fit adjustment was changing the length. The V gap was too wide, so I increased the size to close the gap. This made the throat too large and there were gaps around the ankle. There was never a size that allowed a properly closed V gap AND proper fit around the ankle. This is a real issue when AE elects to make so many styles on the 65. The Hampton last provided far more instep room so they closed properly and fit around the ankle. I used to take it personally, but it was just a fact and that pushed me to the Alden lasts. I wished the PA fit me like this.

IMG_2728.JPG

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chili Higgins Mill seemed appropriate after dropping from the 70s and sunny yesterday to the 20s and possible snow today.

IMG_7539.jpg

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today is my 40th Birthday. Wearing something simple and timeless to usher in this new period.

For you watch aficionados, the lovely Mrs. V gifted me this Grand Seiko SBGW231 for my special day. (My IRL initials are “GS,” so this is especially fitting.)

IMG_3572.jpeg
IMG_3493.jpeg
IMG_3488.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day