• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE 2024 ALLEN EDMONDS (AE) APPRECIATION THREAD

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a period of time when I thought I was done with AE. But with all the sales from AE & amazon it's hard to stay away. Right before the end of the year I picked up the black Austin, the tan suede denali chelsea and a black marbled shell Landon 2nd and I have to say, I'm happy with all 3.

Even if I don't buy many new AE shoes, I'll never be done with AE. Every single day, I search Ebay or Google for deals on rare finds.

I have a confession though. I love the way @donkeyhoatie 's chili Higgins look compared to mine. His are the ideal chili color in my eyes. I might be swayed to buy another pair if I can find one that looks like his. Mine is okay, but just doesn't have the same awesomeness.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even if I don't buy many new AE shoes, I'll never be done with AE. Every single day, I search Ebay or Google for deals on rare finds.

I have a confession though. I love the way @donkeyhoatie 's chili Higgins look compared to mine. His are the ideal chili color in my eyes. I might be swayed to buy another pair if I can find one that looks like his. Mine is okay, but just doesn't have the same awesomeness.
You mean, these? I was hesitant originally about picking them up because I already had a pair of brown CXL and a burgundy shell pair which made chili calf feel a bit redundant, but the Charleston liquidation situation was too tempting to resist. Glad I grabbed them, because chili is an incredibly versatile color. Heck, they ended 2023 as my most worn pair of footwear.

IMG_7427.jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You mean, these? I was hesitant originally about picking them up because I already had a pair of brown CXL and a burgundy shell pair which made chili calf feel a bit redundant, but the Charleston liquidation situation was too tempting to resist. Glad I grabbed them, because chili is an incredibly versatile color. Heck, they ended 2023 as my most worn pair of footwear.

View attachment 2103229
Those look fantastic with the round laces! It's funny cause most people just look at our boots and say, "another brown boot???" While the community here knows that you always need your chili hole filled!

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 2103229

Your chili hole was filled better than mine. I like how yours are not so polished and the lighter chili color is more of what I want. I wore mine today. While not bad at all, comparison is the thief of joy.

IMG_20240103_082956908 (1).jpg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE got back to me with a free return shipping label to see if they can fix this issue...idk what to expect, but I'm gonna send them in. Worst case scenario is they can't fix it and either offer me a discount. Hoping they can fix it or make a new pair. Would be quite a task for someone to stitch that heel counter, I would think.
Providing an update on my UV Strands that were missing a second row of stitching on the heel quarters:
AE Reply.jpg

Fingers crossed that they're gonna turn out okay! At least I took enough photos of the shoes before that I can compare with the results of the recraft.

MajorDash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Providing an update on my UV Strands that were missing a second row of stitching on the heel quarters:
View attachment 2103527

Fingers crossed that they're gonna turn out okay! At least I took enough photos of the shoes before that I can compare with the results of the recraft.

I’m curious as to what they’re going to do for you. I will be interesting to see if they take the sole off of the shoe to make the repair or if they can just go in from the top with the machine.

donkeyhoatie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While the calendar may say 2024, my feet this year have all been living in nothing but 1757.
IMG_7428.jpg

Reaction score
Park City in Snuff Waxed Suede on the streets of Paris, a very relaxed (roomy) last to allow thicker socks. If you have a higher instep this last might not work for you as it is wide but not high. These run about a 1/2 size large, so if you don't wear thick socks you will want to size down.

20240105_133438.jpg
20240105_133446.jpg
20240105_133443.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads