• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! ***

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Been mad delinquent on posting in this thread. I packed my pair up without realizing it when I was getting ready to move and only just unpacked the box.

Terrible mirror fit pic, but (maybe) better than nothing at this point:

Hopefully I can get some outdoor pics next week. Not much fading action when they've spent the better part of two months sitting in a cardboard box, unfortunately. :confused:

orfane

Reaction score
Late with the November posts thanks to holidays and travel. Also none of my pics came out well. But here are some ok ones with a decent amount of fade. Hoping to get better pics for December while I try this things out in Texas.

kwanon

Reaction score
Coming along nicely. I ordered a second pair in a 36" inseam for a more casual look, too.

VillageOfWolves

Reaction score
So is this contest all but dead or was the next announcement just pushed back to the year at May rather than the six and nine month mark?

orfane

Reaction score

So is this contest all but dead or was the next announcement just pushed back to the year at May rather than the six and nine month mark?

I asked a similar question a month or two ago. It looks like prize wise there is just gonna be the end in May, but pic wise keep em coming! Might only be a few of us being consistent but I'm still having fun.

orfane

Reaction score
Picture is like 20% to show the jeans, and 80% to complain that I flew 1000 miles from NY to Texas to be in a ******* blizzard.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Picture is like 20% to show the jeans, and 80% to complain that I flew 1000 miles from NY to Texas to be in a ******* blizzard.

I will take your snow!
Keep the pictures coming.

kwanon

Reaction score
I actually got a second pair...with a 36" inseam...for a more casual look.
Just started them so nothing really in the way of fades

orfane

Reaction score
Thought I had posted during January but apparently not, and due to travel I only took one pic anyway. So here is that one January pic and some for February. I'm currently snowed in so I went a little crazy with the detail shots.

OhHello

Reaction score
I don't have anything good, I just wanted to post because the thread is too quiet. I've been consistently wearing the jeans once a week, and they're staying pretty dark. I was wearing them hiking in the fall, so once it warms up a bit more I'll start doing that again. Here's a pic from the other day. Just poking out under the cardigan is a heavyweight bamboo long sleeve. Love those things.

Last edited:

orfane

Reaction score
Glad to see some other people posting in here! Unfortunately I may be delayed in posting new pics for a little while as there was a bit of an... accident...

I really can't fault the jeans at all for this though. I've worn them just about every day since May, and had purchased a fairly tight size to begin with. Couple that with going back to the gym and taking up squatting again, along with my propensity for sitting in weird positions, and this was really just a matter of time. I've never tried repairing clothing before, so if anyone has suggestions on fixes I would appreciate it, otherwise I'm going with a simple sew and/or patch.

OhHello

Reaction score
Here are some detail shots of my pair. I guess I'll provide some contrast to you guys who have been rocking the jeans all the time and developing killer fades- @itsfun and @orfane , I'm looking at you, and I'm totally jealous.

I just washed my pair (3rd wash), so I figured I'd get some photos for the hell of it and to try to liven the thread up. As you can see, I'm just getting a little fading on the seams and belt loops, and some very faint whiskering is starting to come in across the front. While I definitely suffer from fade envy looking at some of you dudes, I really love the coloring of the jeans (the indigo is so nice and bright in the sunlight), so part of me is happy that my pair is a slow burner.

Let's see some more photos!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics