• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! ***

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Remember how awesome the late aughts were? President Obama was sworn into office for the first time; Michael Phelps smoked a surprising amount of pot for such a ridiculously fast swimmer; and the world collectively shook with terror over the H1N1 virus, colloquially known as Swine Flu or 'pigfluenza'.

You know what else was awesome about the late 2000s? The advent of the denim contest. Well, time has passed, but the awesomeness of an awesome pair of jeans hasn't gotten any less awesome, and the jeans that WvG just put out are really, totally…awesome. It is thus with great fanfare that we announce:

The 2015 / 2016 WvG Denim Contest
"Wear 'em like it's 2000-and-late!"

Here's the deal: We need a minimum of 30 participants to get this thing up and running. The more participants, the better, because the better the prizes will be (more on that in a moment). To join the contest:

• Buy a pair of these jeans any time before the end of May, using the code "Denim" (easy to remember, right?) at checkout to get them for the ridiculously low price of $78 (plus shipping): http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/products/denim-project-italy
  • Post a pic in this thread
  • Profit!
    (Almost literally, because you'll get a $10 WvG gift card as a thank-you for participating in the contest!)

If you've already bought the jeans, you're that much closer to winning the contest! Just PM or email Gina (@WvG Support or [email protected], respectively); include the email address tied to your purchase if you're PMing.

For the low, low effort of at least one pic a month (although more pics will work to your advantage), you'll be eligible for the awesome prize of a $350 WvG gift card at the end of 12 months (winner to be determined by WvG staff). But wait, there's more! The more people join the contest, the better the prize gets, up to a $500 WvG gift card if 50 people join. If even more people join, Mauro will do something crazy awesome like a bespoke pair of jeans or something for the winner. Also, the more you participate – more posts, more fits, fades, evo shots, lifestyle pics, &c. – the better your chances of winning. You can also help your chances (and the contest) by posting your pics to Instagram and tagging them with #wolfvsgoat or @wolfvsgoat.

Even more fun with prizes:

• To keep things lively, Mauro and Gina will also pick winners at the three, six, and nine-month marks, and the prizes will get better at each point.
  • They're also going to randomly give away a couple of smaller prizes – think WvG t-shirts, underwear, socks, that kind of thing – each month for high participation rates, cross-posting to Instagram, particularly awesome pics, &c.
  • We're also going to have a "people's choice" award at the end where everyone on the forum can vote for a winner, who will get a new pair of jeans.

Right now you may be thinking "That's all well and good, but I work in an office five days a week and only get to wear jeans on the weekends. How am I to compete with a bunch of denim die-hards that are wearing their jeans every day?"

I'm glad you asked! If there's enough interest – a minimum of 15 people participating – there will also be a second "weekend warrior" category. Just enter "weekend warrior" in the notes box at the checkout screen and include it in the text when you post your pictures. The prize will be a $200 WvG gift card, with something else fun TBD at the six-month mark.

Right now you may also be thinking "I have this weird friend who's always posting selfies, sunsets, and poached eggs on Instagram, but he's not into Styleforum. How can he get in on the action?" I'm glad you asked that, too, hypothetical forum member. Non-SF-ers (including redditors and superfuturians) who don't want to post on SF can just post to Instagram with the tag #wolfvsgoat or @wolfvsgoat and email Gina to let her know they want to be in on the contest (not, like, every time they post on IG; just once to let her know they're in). The contest announcement on IG is here: https://instagram.com/p/2JhHPfAg-j/

tl;dr:

• You've got a chance to get an awesome pair of jeans at a fantastic price
  • You'll get $10 toward a future WvG purchase
  • You can very easily win some sweet WvG gear just for participating
  • You'll have a shot at one or more crazy-awesome prizes down the road

Questions? Comments? Recipe ideas? PM me or Gina, or email [email protected]

Now go forth, and wear your jeans.

Contestants in the thread thus far (note that Gina has the official list, including IG-only participants):

@CharlesThe1337
@lllsssfff
@OhHello (weekend warrior)
@veekta
@bashman14 (weekend warrior)
@randomkoreandude (weekend warrior)
@sharkminusbear (weekend warrior)
@notwithit
@BILYTHEWEREBEAR
@sleu (weekend warrior)
@sepp
@thecool85 (weekend warrior)
@Qianpou (weekend warrior)
@vedarcrew (weekend warrior)
@mynameistimbui
@ramdomthought (weekend warrior)
@kwanon
@WFnP
@danhyoo
@itsfun
@phidauex (weekend warrior)
@puddin (weekend warrior)
@NorCal
@Steve22
@GoodTwillHuntin (weekend warrior)
@orfane
@surefire1017
@acularw (weekend warrior)
@CreatingChance
@who8mahrice (weekend warrior)
@Qianpou
@orfane
@echo11
@Koreo

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Some stats on the jeans:

• 100% 12oz 3x1 RHT Cotton
  • Made in Italy
  • Suede Patch
  • Hidden Rivets
  • Reinforced Button Fly
  • Proper Bar Tacking
  • Tailored Belt Loops
  • Slim Straight Fit

Link to size chart: http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/pages/italian-jeans-size-chart-1

front:

back:

For good measure, here's a couple of me wearing my pair, size 31 x 36 at 6'1", 165 lbs:

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Calling the following WvG denim wearers to join the contest:

@PoppDRRT
@bdeuce22
@veekta

IIRC there were a bunch of people wearing the denim in the old thread, too.

Last edited:

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Mauro and Gina will be the final judges (with the exception of the people's choice award), but I would venture to say all of the above.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What's the point of the contest? Fades, outfit styles, photography skills, cool backdrops? 

I would love to see some good pictures and watch people break in their jeans.
I would also like to get into Italian made denim. There is a lot of great denim in Italy.
Finally, I would just like to give out some great prizes.

The prizes will vary from tees to shoes. I think the contest is a good idea and hasn't been done in awhile so when " notwithit" came up with the idea I thought it would be nice.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd love to get in on this but my 25 inch thighs don't agree 

This is true. However as we speak I have a proto being made that will cure your problem.

The contest is off to a great start. On Monday we will have a total for you. We will also contact every person who purchased jeans to make they chose the correct size. Everyone who has picked up a new pair of jeans has received a gift card and one lucky dude received a $50.00 gift card. The odds of winning something in this contest is in your favor!
Enjoy the weekend !

Best,

Mauro

greeuoest

Reaction score
well,I'd love to get in on this but my 25 inch thighs don't agree .thanks
29.gif

Last edited:

CharlesThe1337

Reaction score
I'm in, just ordered a pair! Hoping they come in before I leave on a backpacking trip around Europe, sounds like a pretty good way to break them in!

Thanks for putting this contest on, Mauro!

lllsssfff

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair last night. Hopefully they fit. Got a pair of 3sixteens coming in as well. First two pairs of premium denim.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just ordered a pair last night. Hopefully they fit. Got a pair of 3sixteens coming in as well. First two pairs of premium denim.

We will do our best to get you into the best jean.

FYI-

Weekend warriors. Pierce just left my house and he's ready to win it. He even wore the jeans out.

Best,

Mauro

OhHello

Reaction score
Count me in as a weekend warrior. They are a great weight for the spring and cooler summer days, so I'm excited to wear them often in the coming months when I'm not at work. I'm also wearing a WvG henley today, so that means I win, right? :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads