• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell me about Red Moon wallets

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump this ish up!!!

Checking these Ponderosa wallets over at Leather Goods Connection http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/pochwa.html.

Very undecided on what I want:
1st: long or short wallet (worn plenty of long wallets in the past, but that was before I held down an office job!)
2nd: Unfinished natural oak inside and out, or medium or light brown hand stained with natural leather inside.

Any pointers, suggestions or pics??

Cheers.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thx. Which model you have (long or small) and what kind of leather? Any pics? Any experience with Obbi Good or Corter's wallets? As much as I'd love a Redmoon, I don't think I can justify the $300+.

Stateside, I can get one of the LGC's for around $90USD; an Obbi Good mid for $160 or a small for $120; or a Corter's short for around $125.

I totally appreciate your input.

b-ewing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

Update, after a bunch of searching and consideration, I went with an Obbi Good Condor veg tan mid wallet w/rein.

17032011%2020.jpg

Johnny at OGL is super nice, and answered all my questions. this wallet is hella beefy, and quite a bit bulkier than I initally figured. My wife says it looks like an old lady's clutch, which I can totally see
smile.gif

Looking forward to a nice tan, and indigo staining on this badboy. Plus a few jokes from those that just don't understand how cool I am with my man clutch!

S-Town

Reaction score
^
I love how that Tanner looks while the wallet is in the pocket (and Tanner natural leather ages beautifully), but won't that be a pain ********** anytime you'll want get your wallet out?

S-Town

Reaction score
Here is my Red Moon and reign. It takes awhile to become a "reign guy". I'm not sure I'm quite comfortable with it yet. I usually go without it, but I find myself checking my back pocket to make sure my wallet is still there.

S-Town

Reaction score
I've had it for maybe 6 months now. It's HUGE, but I love it. I didn't tan it. Just rubbed in some mink oil. It's taken on some indigo, but not as much as I figured it would. I ordered the reign with silver hooks, and it look really great, but the hook has slipped off the wallet ring a few times. I'm thinking about getting one with clips.

Pecos Bill

Reaction score
Hello,
I just discovered these wallets. I really would like one! I read thru this entire thread and it's over a year old, so can anyone direct me on where to buy one? I live in the eastern US. PM me if you have any information. Thanks in advance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads