• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Technical Outerwear

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks similar to veilance just with the branding.

Prada no question (if you like the design of it). NikeLab is still Nike. You also need to worry about numerous NikeLab ACG fakes that are online for sale brand new, especially of the Alpine jacket and the 2-in-1; another consequence of the brand's popularity with the hypebeast crowd.

any easy way to tell if the 3 in 1 acg is a fake? don't think i'm into the prada jacket

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This silhouette is cool as **** - too bad it hardly gets cold enough in sf

h598a269dcbc6f.jpg

Junglejack

Reaction score
I just ordered what must be my 12th Arc'teryx. This time, I ordered the redesigned Alpha SV. While hard not to feel like a poseur having a jacket designed for the most extreme conditions, but as I do live an hour from the Great Smokey Mountains and often go camping, I only feel like a quasi poseur.

I will grant you $750 is a bit crazy for a nylon jacket, but at least it is one of the only if not the only Arc jacket still made in Canada.

John-Galt

Reaction score
This silhouette is cool as **** - too bad it hardly gets cold enough in sf

View attachment 831473

SI isn't my thing but that gradient garment dye is cool. How did they do that dye effect?

ehhh not looking for a puffer atm, thank you though...

currently the 3 I'm considering are in spoiler... adidas day 1, nike 3 in1 (prob the first in line) and a veliance

GET THE VEILANCE. Though I don't know if the Mionn is enough for winter. If price utility is a priority I'd recommend looking into mainline arc. The Camosun, Therme and Koda are all great options.

I just ordered what must be my 12th Arc'teryx. This time, I ordered the redesigned Alpha SV. While hard not to feel like a poseur having a jacket designed for the most extreme conditions, but as I do live an hour from the Great Smokey Mountains and often go camping, I only feel like a quasi poseur.

I will grant you $750 is a bit crazy for a nylon jacket, but at least it is one of the only if not the only Arc jacket still made in Canada.

N100P-X gore for camping huh? If you're this deep into arcteryx it makes sense to own the Alpha SV. It really speaks to the heritage of the brand. I hope you didn't get the black one to look like Drake.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about lux skiwear? Frauenschuh for example? I know we are out of season but some look sharp.

Or maybe Mountain Force?

Or, is Veilance flexible enough to actually work for ski.

Junglejack

Reaction score
\

N100P-X gore for camping huh? If you're this deep into arcteryx it makes sense to own the Alpha SV. It really speaks to the heritage of the brand. I hope you didn't get the black one to look like Drake.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a Bora 70 Backpack circa 1994 and that pack changed my life. From there... I actually also have a Canadian made Alpha LT that is sadly too snug when layering which pretty much makes it useless aside from running around time.

I got the Odysseus which is a dark green. I occasionally have done rock climbing (excessively poorly), but generally go for those types of extended length backpacking trips where I have to talk myself into going along with it.

My youngest brother lives in Marin County so I have a good start off point relatively close to a number of amazing places to go. I also like that the SV with the exception of the Veilance are all that remains of Canadian made Arc'teryx apparel.

Junglejack

Reaction score
N100P-X gore for camping huh? If you're this deep into arcteryx it makes sense to own the Alpha SV. It really speaks to the heritage of the brand. I hope you didn't get the black one to look like Drake.[/QUOTE]

I purchased a Bora 70 Backpack circa 1994 and that pack changed my life. From there... I actually also have a Canadian made Alpha LT that is sadly too snug when layering which pretty much makes it useless aside from running around time.

I got the Odysseus which is a dark green. I occasionally have done rock climbing (excessively poorly), but generally go for those types of extended length backpacking trips where I have to talk myself into going along with it.

My youngest brother lives in Marin County so I have a good start off point relatively close to a number of amazing places to go. I also like that the SV with the exception of the Veilance are all that remains of Canadian made Arc'teryx apparel.

John-Galt

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about lux skiwear? Frauenschuh for example? I know we are out of season but some look sharp.

Or maybe Mountain Force?

Or, is Veilance flexible enough to actually work for ski.

Mountain Force design look superfluous and quality in fabric choice and stitching isn't too impressive. I see it as a high end Spyder.

I defiantly wouldn't wear Veilance skiing
Y3 looks surprisingly good this season. The qasa drones sorta ruined the brand for me but everything looks more directional and (hopefully) functional. More Yohji than pure hypebeast/trendy techwear.

http://www.thirdlooks.com/2017/08/y-3-fallwinter-2017-campaign/#more-4750

Those wide leg trousers are tempting

eloquent

Reaction score
Whats everyone's opinion on Acronym? Is it worth the money, even if I were to really want on in resale?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads