• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

joshuaaka

Reaction score
Anyone here who has the Project Jacket can comment on the fit as compared to the Long Haul? The Long Haul is by far the best fitting jacket I own. Which is specially remarkable given I have really long ape arms. I'm really looking for a chore-coat type jacket and was wondering how the Project Jacket compares to the LH. I wear an L in the Long Haul. Should I size down, up, or keep the same for the Project Jacket?

Last edited:

Smitty2k1

Reaction score
Although it was a very long turnaround time with several emails to CS to get my glacier shirt in indigo terry exchanged for a larger size, I finally received the shirt and am thrilled with the construction and fit. Sounds like TS was quite busy around the holidays.

Since I had to size up for the body, the arms are about 1" too long, but I can live with that. The writs are still VERY tight, but I can actually button them now!

I now have a medium sized every day chambray that fits in the body the same as my large sized indigo french terry. I think I'll be sticking to TS shirts for my next few $$$ shirt purchases.

Last edited:

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A quick shout out for the Lightweight Merino Henley's. Just got my Indigo and Army delivery and the material, fit and finish is spot on. Highly recommend them for a very soft and warm layering piece.

six-gun-pete

Reaction score

A quick shout out for the Lightweight Merino Henley's.  Just got my Indigo and Army delivery and the material, fit and finish is spot on.  Highly recommend them for a very soft and warm layering piece.

Did you size up from usual TS sizing? I went up to a L on their advice, hoping it works out as return shipping from Canada is a pain...

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you size up from usual TS sizing? I went up to a L on their advice, hoping it works out as return shipping from Canada is a pain...
I went true size which is L in my case and it worked out great. I have the the heavier weight Merino henley and I went XL on that since it would be an overshirt.

six-gun-pete

Reaction score

I went true size which is L in my case and it worked out great. I have the the heavier weight Merino henley and I went XL on that since it  would be an overshirt.

Sounds right. I went L on my charcoal Henley and it is tight as an overshirt, so L should work out for a normal fit for me. Thanks!

lbrig

Reaction score
Anyone have the summer shawl cardigan? Was just told the length of an xl 44 is 24.5". Is it that cropped?

AP15

Reaction score
I'm new to taylorstitch.
I'm looking for a waxed jacket.
Is it worth to buy the rover jacket instead of barbour bedale?
Also, I'm 5'8. What size should I buy?
Last question. What do you think about the long haul jacket?
Thx.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm new to taylorstitch.
I'm looking for a waxed jacket.
Is it worth to buy the rover jacket instead of barbour bedale?
Also, I'm 5'8. What size should I buy?
Last question. What do you think about the long haul jacket?
Thx.

In terms of actual water/weather resistance, barbour is a lot better than the Rover IMO. It's also fully lined, at least the one I have (Rover has unlined sleeves).

Rover's fit is much better IMO, though. If you're more concerned w/ function, I'd recommend the Barbour, but if you want a nice combination of style with mediocre resistance, get the Rover.

Can't speak to the long haul.

pima1234

Reaction score
Has anyone received those British Khaki Chinos yet?

I'm still waiting on my July (yes, July!) order... Grrr!

Yes, I've emailed support, again.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a size 31 Camel camp pant they'd wanna trade for a 32? I sized up from a 30 since they seemed to run more than a size small, but think a 31 would've been fine. Brand new.

Last edited:

chicubs1908

Reaction score
Anyone out there willing to trade their large Moto Whiskey jacket for a medium moto whiskey jacket? (Or can I just straight up buy a L off someone?)

Last edited:

oynag

Reaction score
"Taylor Stitch is launching CIVIC, a system of clothing for the urban commuter."

Dope! Taylor Stitch style and design for active, athletic practical clothing. Oooh, olive Merino chinos...

"...fitted through hip and thigh, slim, tapered leg."

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Taylor Stitch is launching CIVIC, a system of clothing for the urban commuter."

Dope! Taylor Stitch style and design for active, athletic practical clothing. Oooh, olive Merino chinos...

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

What a spectacularly vague sizing guide! Thanks TS!

Smitty2k1

Reaction score

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit.

They look super slim.

What a spectacularly vague sizing guide! Thanks TS!

Agree, but I can already tell they are way to slim for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads