• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Short term, obviously looks oversold technically. Long term, don't know what to tell ya. I'm a NFLX customer who loves the service and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I'm probably biased.

They are expecting to hit profitability again this year though thanks to growth in Europe...dunno if those expectations are realistic or not though.

Of course, Comcast and ATT not counting their streaming television services towards their own bandwidth caps aren't going to help NFLX in the long run. Net neutrality anyone?

Last edited:

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
want a good stock to ride the fb bounce for cheap i suggest QPSA

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
screw it...I bought some NFLX

I agree that they provide a most excellent service with long run potential. The risk of course is that one of the reasons the service is awesome is that it is priced at a point that doesn't allow it to be profitable in the long run.

I'm not a subscriber ( though I have access to streaming from my parents' DVD account and I have amazon streaming with my Prime membership)...but if I weren't willing to pirate my TV shows I'd probably have to sign up.

The other risk is that, given the couple of completely boneheaded PR moves they have made, they have a bunch of crazy people running the company.

If these risks don't materialize and they can keep up with attractive streaming licensing deals, I think they have a long term future. I don't place too much faith in the power of original programming mainly because I don't personally like the idea great content being walled away into a single service...(at least now with things like HBO shows we get a DVD release after each season and I don't see Netflix/Hulu/Amazon doing this with exclusive streaming content).

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just entered two private funds picking up different flavors of subprime mortgages. Volatile stuff, accordingly still being blown out by banks and other institutions. Let's hope at good prices...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

see! the fundamentals are freaking there.
stupid market sentiment..

+1

Gotta admit I was a bit nervous before that earnings release. I loaded up the truck late last week on AAPL and when I saw that **** hit 560 today I gulped hard.

Going to sell the trade in the morning and use the profits for work on my new classic ride... he heh... gawd I luvs the AAPL.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What do you guys think of FB. I think FB is crap at this point actually.
Just an actual user analysis.

Its not as strong a company as people make it out to be. All they have is a demographic but that demographic is fickle and when they tire of it, and they will, FB will be like other online presences, overhyped and then transitions into a stable business, but never a juggernaut unless they make brilliant moves and really expand their reach. A cute site with pics of your friends and a bit of bullshit chit chat? Not so much. I have never had a facebook account and dont give a **** about it. I fail to understand why its so popular.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of FB. I think FB is crap at this point actually.
Just an actual user analysis.

Its not as strong a company as people make it out to be. All they have is a demographic but that demographic is fickle and when they tire of it, and they will, FB will be like other online presences, overhyped and then transitions into a stable business, but never a juggernaut unless they make brilliant moves and really expand their reach. A cute site with pics of your friends and a bit of bullshit chit chat? Not so much. I have never had a facebook account and dont give a **** about it. I fail to understand why its so popular.

+1
Well early investors cashed out a while ago. Tons of active users but the number is dropping in the US and I don't really use Facebook anymore. Friends in the midwest still use it everyday, west coast friends not as much

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads