• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Takahiro Miyashita - Number (N)ine, The Soloist

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

now it just sounds like you only dress the way you do for attention which is a total bummer

Not at all, I dress because I want to look cool (fitting my idea of cool, that is). But if I'm walking around in a forest my focus is going to be on being able to easily move and enjoy the nature without worrying about my clothes getting dirty or snagged on trees.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Not at all, I dress because I want to look cool (fitting my idea of cool, that is). But if I'm walking around in a forest my focus is going to be on being able to easily move and enjoy the nature without worrying about my clothes getting dirty or snagged on trees.

i don't think you know what rural means :eh:

how is it different than if you are, say, alone in your office. of course there's the time in transit when you may encounter people, but then it seems you are dressing for the sake of others and not your own appreciation for the garments.

and why is rural environment necessarily = alone in woods ?

everyone dresses for others. Not to the point of just desperately seeking attention, but I think its disingenuous to say you are dressing solely for yourself.

i don't think most here care how they are perceived by others, or in the case of some, perceived by others outside the forum.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Obviously everyone here is just caught up in the wonder of my post making fun of A Restless Transplant and the glory of the woods and dismissing other non-urban enviroments.

FWIW that actually started off as a sincere effort to take some photos of the changes to our land in NH for my mom to see, then I decided to include a WAYWT, then I thought hey I can make a little series on SF like Shah, then I said ******* and went all the way to get some content ready for my new site.

Last edited:

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Soloist stuff is wonderful. I'm not sure how many of the individual pieces I'd want, but the layering and accessories are inspiring, and the way he models the clothes himself is charming and cool.

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah I went to IF tonight to check out the stuff again after work before meeting up with a friend down there, and it's truly incredible. The pieces are great on their own but it's the styling in his lookbooks that makes it so perfect. It's just one of those lines that begs for more of itself, which means $$$

I'm trying to think of other ways of wearing it and I can see how most of it would work with Kolor, and maybe a few things with like Paul Harnden but I'm not sure what else beyond that.

Only thing less than $1k there was a certain sweater ($800), and some $450 pocket tees.

I wanted it all though so baddd

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Some closeups:

I8e48.jpg

rIFd4.jpg

mcETN.jpg

u3Uxx.jpg

rYfNL.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah I went to IF tonight to check out the stuff again after work before meeting up with a friend down there, and it's truly incredible. The pieces are great on their own but it's the styling in his lookbooks that makes it so perfect. It's just one of those lines that begs for more of itself, which means $$$
I'm trying to think of other ways of wearing it and I can see how most of it would work with Kolor, and maybe a few things with like Paul Harnden but I'm not sure what else beyond that.
Only thing less than $1k there was a certain sweater ($800), and some $450 pocket tees.

did you see the 1k dropped crotch pants? I tried those on, so good.

prices too high though, never gonna bother with this label

ok-ni stocks the soloist now!

Last edited:

BreezyBirch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did you see the 1k dropped crotch pants? I tried those on, so good.

prices too high though, never gonna bother with this label

ok-ni stocks the soloist now!

not to derail, but don't you own a ton of rick?

Last edited:

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
never payed retail, and the soloist is another league of expensive.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

never payed retail, and the soloist is another league of expensive.

Honestly I think it's kind of comparable to a lot of the other stuff we gush about on here.

I mean those Julius and attachment jeans are $1000, right? So these $1000 pants aren't totally absurd, comparatively at least. I mean I think it's crazy but whatever. Outerwear was from 1500-2400 and that's kind of in the same league as a lot of other stuff.

I think the issue is that it benefits from more of the same, and layering too.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully if stores like oki-ni start carrying it, it'll become almost accessible during the sales. They probably won't stock the larger sizes though :confused:

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score

Honestly I think it's kind of comparable to a lot of the other stuff we gush about on here.
I mean those Julius and attachment jeans are $1000, right?

if you're stupidly rich and buy them in the US, yes. julius jeans are like $3-400 and attachment are anywhere from $150-350 in Japan.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont wanna detract from this threads purpose, but julius is probably the cheapest "goth-ninja" brand. If you proxy, which is brain dead easy. You have mbok and yahoo japan where I kop basics for around the same people pay for BoO basics, etc. Outerwear and shoes are up there, yes, but overall you can do ninja for the same amount people splurge on mr porter stuff..

Last edited:

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Cool, good to know. I checked out prices on Japanese retailers and The Soloist stuff seems to be a bit less than the prices at IF, about 20-25% less. That seems par for the course for this sort of thing though. There is some used stuff on Rakuten for relatively cheap as well.

I want the beethoven sweatshirt so bad :slayer: I think it would look good with what I wear

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads