• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swine flu roll call

MHH89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stickshift
How would a bacterial antibiotic help against a virus?

I was wondering if anyone used a Z pack to combat the congestion and flem in the chest and nose not the actual flu virus.

Francis91

Reaction score
I had it for almost all of last week. Had a fever just under 102 for about 4 days. The only thing still lingering around is a damn cough.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MHH89
I thought they only gave that to kids
Nope, high risk people, people who have severe symptoms, or people like me who already have a secondary. ~ H

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
3 Weeks later still have a hacking cough

Two monts and I still have mine. Unfortunately this is pretty much par for the course for me, though. I get sick, the cough lingers for ages.

Some nasal spray is helping.

My swine flu was minor btw. A couple days' fever, lots of coughing and aches. Loss of appetite for 1.5 days. I got Tamiflu on day 2 of the sickness, so that was the key for me.

b

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MHH89
I thought they only gave that to kids

I'll second what Huntsman said - they give it out to certain groups. I got it because I have a 7-month-old.

It's actually not entirely settled that Tamiflu does help, btw. At least not according to a recent article in Atlantic Monthly:

As with vaccines, the scientific evidence for Tamiflu and Relenza is thin at best. In its general-information section, the CDC's Web site tells readers that antiviral drugs can "make you feel better faster." True, but not by much. On average, Tamiflu (which accounts for 85 to 90 percent of the flu antiviral-drug market) cuts the duration of flu symptoms by 24hours in otherwise healthy people. In exchange for a slightly shorter bout of illness, as many as one in five people taking Tamiflu will experience nausea and vomiting. About one in five children will have neuropsychiatric side effects, possibly including anxiety and suicidal behavior. In Japan, where Tamiflu is liberally prescribed, the drug may have been responsible for 50 deaths from cardiopulmonary arrest, from 2001 to 2007, according to Rokuro Hama, the chair of the Japan Institute of Pharmacovigilance.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I had it, was pretty sick for 2 days, and spent the next 2 days recovering. still pretty congesty/coughy, but feel ok after I've been up for an hour

I took tamiflu

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I'm on the list now. This is horrible. Just horrible. As of tonight there is blood in the stuff I'm coughing up. The worst part is the symptoms making each other worse... every time I cough my muscles tense up, causing a swell of nausea, a sudden increase in neck pain and the pounding in my head to kick it up a notch. I am a wimp when it comes to illness and this one just about has me throwing in the towel.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had it back in september. Started coming down with it on a friday night so I only stayed home from school that monday. Never took my temp. so I dont know about that. I had a mildly sore throat, a pretty bad cough that lasted for a few weeks, fatigue/mental cloudiness, but the worst part for me was some intense muscle pain, especially back pain. One of the odd pains I had was a soreness behind the eyes when I would move them or try to change focus on things.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've avoided it. An entire division of the Governor's office was wiped out but thankfully they work in the legislative office building. No offices in my building seem to have been adversely affected.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I'm on the list now. This is horrible. Just horrible. As of tonight there is blood in the stuff I'm coughing up.

Please tell me you've seen a doctor. Coughing up blood is a huge step beyond what I had or I've heard anyone else. And lung infections have been, I believe, the primary reason people are dying from H1N1.

b

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had it in September, and was down for about three full days. I just stayed home, rested, etc. Hit on Wednesday and by Sunday was pretty much feeling better.

It was mild for me, but it still was a very weird sensation and totally different from any flu I've had. I didn't really have vomiting, but this REALLY achy body, chills/fever, and found it difficult to move around with a sore throat so bad I could barely swallow. It was like I'd run a marathon with no prep the day before.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Please tell me you've seen a doctor. Coughing up blood is a huge step beyond what I had or I've heard anyone else. And lung infections have been, I believe, the primary reason people are dying from H1N1.
b

Went to the ER today. They think it was just all the coughing tore something up in my throat which caused the blood, but it might be pneumonia, so they are going to have me get more x rays in a couple of days.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
Went to the ER today. They think it was just all the coughing tore something up in my throat which caused the blood, but it might be pneumonia, so they are going to have me get more x rays in a couple of days.

Jesus, man, yeah, this is serious. Good luck. I had it, as I've stated a very mild case, but I am still having symptoms I'd describe as similar to bronchitis, several weeks out. Hope you are feeling better.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I had it at the end of September.

Fever, cough, congestion and the associated muscle aches caused me to throw my back out so that was the definitely the worst part.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads