• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SWD Discussion Thread for Tailoring

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
now this would be a lot more wearable as dark brown, burgundy gives a whole different vibe (also seems like the guy chopped both jacket and pant)

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does look a bit cropped, but burgundy gives a whole better vibe

1846402-96b34c2dca4b2c7efb3aabbf0ac46567.jpg
1834610-b73f25bb763fb0890f200f13732d7b8d.jpg

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always get excited when clee posts some cool tailoring, and then the comedown hits when it's 3 sizes too small for me.

if you're in the 38~42 range I would think there are so many cool rando stuff available?

Edit not sure if it’s actually true 3 or 3 roll to 2 where seller just button them all

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven’t worn a suit in probably a year or more, but one of my girlfriends won bottle service at a club for her birthday and I couldn’t say no. Suit is a Sammy in wool/silk/linen in a diamond pattern, shirt is beams rayon and boots are vtg Justin roper cowboys boots, because Colorado. First time wear all three items but I think they all played well with each other. Feedback from my friends was positive too. Sorry for my dirty mirror.
IMG_4654.jpeg
IMG_4653.jpeg
IMG_4656.jpeg

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
That sounds suspicious. Why on earth would one not give measurements?

I'm suspicious of anyone asking for measurements on ebay, especially if the garment is a standard size. 90% of the time, the person asking this question doesn't buy it. The other 10% has me concerned that if I tell them the shoulders measure 17", they will find it actually measures 17.1" and was therefore "misrepresented."

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm suspicious of anyone asking for measurements on ebay, especially if the garment is a standard size. 90% of the time, the person asking this question doesn't buy it. The other 10% has me concerned that if I tell them the shoulders measure 17", they will find it actually measures 17.1" and was therefore "misrepresented."
I get the "misrepresented" issue. There are so many jerks on that platform.

Most of the listings, roughly 90% of the ones that I am interested in, have measurements. If there aren't any and they are clothing, I will usually ask. No one has ever responded that they wouldn't send the measurements. It's difficult to buy something, especially if they have a no return policy, without measurements.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get the "misrepresented" issue. There are so many jerks on that platform.

Most of the listings, roughly 90% of the ones that I am interested in, have measurements. If there aren't any and they are clothing, I will usually ask. No one has ever responded that they wouldn't send the measurements. It's difficult to buy something, especially if they have a no return policy, without measurements.
Agree. If anything, not putting measurements (and then not answering) makes me feel like that the seller will not only not be a good trading partner but that there is something off. Even if I reaaaaaally want the item I will skip it. Scarily enough, I have been buying and selling on eBay since 1998 iirc and that has been pretty fundamental to me.

Edit: I have no problem with people asking questions, "kicking the tyres", so to speak. Part of doing business.
Not equivalent to the occasional "I am a veteran of the robot wars on terror, missing three legs and want this for free" messages I would get.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well, I'm right in between S and R, so without BOC/Sleeve kind just no go for me, i also have got burned in the past of assuming "standard" measurements and turn out the guy alter the heck out of it

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you're in the 38~42 range I would think there are so many cool rando stuff available?

Edit not sure if it’s actually true 3 or 3 roll to 2 where seller just button them all

Alright, so how does one find these cool things? I'm not familiar with this.

I'd love a procedural breakdown

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads