• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SWD Discussion Thread for Tailoring

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@whorishconsumer How long are we talking? How does it wear compared to your Italian stuff?

I dug up some lighter shouldered sport coats I hadn't worn in a pretty long while and the stuff looks really off to me, I guess I leaned into the extended shoulder thing more heavily than I thought. Can't even imagine of over the top my a-bit-wider coats and sc must look to ppl outside of the bubble (everyone)

A good 3+" longer than my Armoury jackets, for example. It's definitely a different look than Armoury, Rota, et al.

The shoulders are both padded and extended, and it's a 4x1 double-breasted, so there's some exaggeration. But I think my main hurdle is just that I've been conditioned toward fits accommodating men of more average height than I. Everything feels more exaggerated on my frame. So, an elongated, wider db that might look perfectly (trendy) fine on someone else feels kinda like clown-clothing on me, even though the cut is to my frame.

Really like the fit of the trousers, though.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good 3+" longer than my Armoury jackets, for example. It's definitely a different look than Armoury, Rota, et al.

The shoulders are both padded and extended, and it's a 4x1 double-breasted, so there's some exaggeration. But I think my main hurdle is just that I've been conditioned toward fits accommodating men of more average height than I. Everything feels more exaggerated on my frame. So, an elongated, wider db that might look perfectly (trendy) fine on someone else feels kinda like clown-clothing on me, even though the cut is to my frame.

it sounds perfect tbh

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Who/where would I look to find a slouchy, sort of unstructured blazer in a very trad fabric like a prince of wales or herringbone.
Single or DB, 2-button, pref low button stance.
Only thing that comes to mind is Dries?

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum So a bit like @hendrix Studio Nicholson (?) blazer? Or do you mean something in tweed/cashmere etc?

I get what you mean, my DBs that are actually my size always feel a bit skirty at first, to be fair the Armoury/italian and Italian-inspired stuff generally run shorter even in its non bastardized form.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uhhh not really like that Studio Nicholson one (i think it's madras?). I actually really dislike the cut on their blazer.

Tweed/Cashmere is probably a better description, and maybe "unstrcutred" is the wrong term, lightly padded shoulders wouldn't be bad.
It's hard to find anything like what I am after so it's hard to post examples.

This kind of cut:
231-020404-6029-509_0.jpg

231-020404-6029-509_1.jpg

loose, a bit elongated.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Adret may work for your needs. I've been wanting to try their DB but they only take orders if you go in store in London.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah they take orders via email too but I've asked about their blazers and they are in the 3,000 GBP realm.
I'm trying to stick under 500USD

kashmir

Reaction score
vintage BB or RL in longer length? RTW back then could cover so much variation in height

if vintage BB, look for the ones without front darts. those are the real gems

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah that’s nice, unfortunately Auralee very very rarely fits me how it should.
I’m an XL and even their looser fit size 5s are a bit of a weird fit

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe this? Too trad?

Voidoid

Reaction score
Anthology looks like typical modern CM, while Dries looks like something 90s inspired, but more on the side " i'm wearing the wrong size " like sleeves is super long.
I have a friend who is basically dressing in thrift shops and most of his jackets kinda looks like that. From what I understand he never wear his own size but just seeking this overall look.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anthology is definitely modern CM, though their look is a bit different than the “everything” soft crowd, their default shoulder got a slight roped and is extended (rather than nature shoulder and waterfall)

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe this? Too trad?

Cloth aside this looks pretty far off from what you described, broken record here but the cut and long lapels (with a hint of belly maybe) 2-buttons of the Dries jacket mostly reminds me of older Canali/Canali-made (Lanvin etc)/Belvest/Cantarelli etc, and really most of the white-label stuff made for Italian stores probably around the 90s or so like @Voidoid said. I can look around if you're not in a rush. The long body is the tricky bit, older stuff runs longer to begin with but maybe not enough, then again the Dries blazer looks like it's a one size up at least which could make up the extra length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads