• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Supplements to reduce stomach bloating?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By bloating, I simply mean a big gut. Not like, indigestion, or whatever old ladies mean when they say bloating.

Case in point: I just took a big dump. Even when I relax my stomach, it is pretty damn flat with ab definition. Problem is, after I eat lunch, and then dinner, I get a "gut". It is still pretty hard (muscle, not fat), but my belly protrudes. This is kind of annoying, as I cannot perpetually be in a state of just having shat (at least not without disastrous consequences).

I am guessing that this is more than food in my stomach - probably some gas as well. Are there any dietary supplements that reduce this stomach swell after eating?

Thanks.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
I am guessing that this is more than food in my stomach - probably some gas as well. Are there any dietary supplements that reduce this stomach swell after eating?
grappa.jpg
+
09_0.jpg

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
??

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, because you have food in your stomach, so it expands! Why are you so worried about a little fullness, do you plan on taking your shirt off everytime after you eat?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
No, because you have food in your stomach, so it expands! Why are you so worried about a little fullness, do you plan on taking your shirt off everytime after you eat?

Duh. My suspicion, as stated in the OP, is that it is not only food that leads to expansion. I have a bigger gut than most people after I eat, but pretty much no gut at all in the morning (completely flat). This leads me to believe it is more than just food.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duh. My suspicion, as stated in the OP, is that it is not only food that leads to expansion. I have a bigger gut than most people after I eat, but pretty much no gut at all in the morning (completely flat). This leads me to believe it is more than just food.

I'm the same way, but mine is mainly food/gas related. If i eat a decent sized meal i have a little gut, same goes if i drink 3-4 beers. I jut try to not eat large quantities of food and it helps.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apparelcandy
Do these supplements have side effects?

Some people report fun and energy.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Some people report fun and energy.
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
Metro, sounds like you've just got very elastic stomach muscles. Can you easily suck in your stomach past your waist and blow it out the opposite way?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
Metro, sounds like you've just got very elastic stomach muscles. Can you easily suck in your stomach past your waist and blow it out the opposite way?

Yeah both ways. I can look like an emaciated Namibian child or a skinny fat redneck depending on how I maneuver it. I never heard of elastic stomach muscles...that explains it I guess. Thanks!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah both ways. I can look like an emaciated Namibian child or a skinny fat redneck depending on how I maneuver it. I never heard of elastic stomach muscles...that explains it I guess. Thanks!
Its not really a condition. I've got them from being so fat in my former life. I can go from looking like a concentration camp inmate to looking like a Nigerian warlord.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Its not really a condition. I've got them from being so fat in my former life. I can go from looking like a concentration camp inmate to looking like a Nigerian warlord.

I was always thin though.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was always thin though.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Doesn't matter. I've seen toothpick guys who can pull the same deal off. If you practice enough "vacuums" you can get good at it as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads