• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Supplements to reduce stomach bloating?

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be inflammation in your stomach, possibly gastritis. Does it only happen after you eat certain foods or just in general? Check out this link to see if any of these symptoms pertain to your condition. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/infla...ch-lining.html In any case, I'd try adding some anti-inflammatory foods into your diet such as leafy greens, some fruits, nuts, and a good omega-3 fish oil supplement wouldn't hurt as well. Cut back on grains, vegetable oils and anything processed. Hope that helps.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beano.jpg

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Doesn't matter. I've seen toothpick guys who can pull the same deal off. If you practice enough "vacuums" you can get good at it as well.

My little brother can do this. The in part is not that terrifying, but the pot belly thing is both gross and incredible.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This is coming from someone who was very fond of beer, bread, and pretzels.

Knock the carbs out of your diet. That's really it. You don't have to eliminate them altogether, but minimize them as much as possible.

I didn't really believe this until I tried doing a no-carb diet for a week. You'll be amazed at the change after just a few days. Keeping that going long-term isn't realistic for most folks (me included), but I saw a lot of good results and felt better after dialing them back.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue
frown.gif

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
By bloating, I simply mean a big gut. Not like, indigestion, or whatever old ladies mean when they say bloating. Case in point: I just took a big dump. Even when I relax my stomach, it is pretty damn flat with ab definition. Problem is, after I eat lunch, and then dinner, I get a "gut". It is still pretty hard (muscle, not fat), but my belly protrudes. This is kind of annoying, as I cannot perpetually be in a state of just having shat (at least not without disastrous consequences). I am guessing that this is more than food in my stomach - probably some gas as well. Are there any dietary supplements that reduce this stomach swell after eating? Thanks.
Take aminoacids, it would reduce several pounds while make your muscles , hair ,abdomen ,( pennis ) harder - I take beverly amino whey imported here so you can have it in the us much cheaper. Buy a bottle , Spalla can´t be wrong. I had a beer stomachwith 34 waist and I am now 31 waist and plain stomach doing the same life.

Nathaniel72

Reaction score
Apple Cider Vinegar, I use a couple cap fulls of Bragg's Organic ACV in hot water with a bit of honey, and if I have it in the fridge I'll use a little apple juice.

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nathaniel72
Apple Cider Vinegar, I use a couple cap fulls of Bragg's Organic ACV in hot water with a bit of honey, and if I have it in the fridge I'll use a little apple juice.

I was just about to post the same thing. Reduces bloating significantly. Like tonight I ate a huge bowl of ice cream and downed a couple tablespoons of ACV afterwards in a huge glass of water. No bloating whatsoever, which is unheard of after 600 calories of fat and sugar. Take it before meals and you might notice some weight loss as well, as it supposedly helps regulate insulin levels.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nathaniel72

Originally Posted by Opermann
I was just about to post the same thing. Reduces bloating significantly. Like tonight I ate a huge bowl of ice cream and downed a couple tablespoons of ACV afterwards in a huge glass of water. No bloating whatsoever, which is unheard of after 600 calories of fat and sugar. Take it before meals and you might notice some weight loss as well, as it supposedly helps regulate insulin levels.

Not interested in weight loss (I am relatively thin), but this sounds promising nonetheless. I wonder if there is any literature on it.

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate that feeling. Far from fat, but just getting out of that food coma.

Go to dinner with your significant other. Eat to food coma. Get home...zZzZzZ. Good night.

I find when I need to snap out of it, and get digesting....I do a couple things depending on the situation-- and one preemptive.:

-- If you're at a restaurant, and you feel that gut and food coma coming on -- take a shot of 80 proof liquor. Vodka, whiskey - whatever. It immediately kick starts the digestive process and you forget you just ate that 10oz filet and mashed potatoes and asparagus and bread and beer and salad.

-- When you're in that bloated state, do some quick exercise. If you have a pull up bar, do some pullups. If not, lay down and do some crunches or pushups. Just something to get your heart pumping and metabolism going. I used to do this when I would be feeling like a pig after some huge meal and I had to go out afterward and be social.

-- Preemptive: Drink a big glass of water before AND after your meal. With plenty of water during the meal as well. This will speed digestion as well as make you need to take a piss or two -- helping to relieve bloating in the process. Getting a little detailed here, but hold off on that first piss as long as possible after chugging all that water and eating your meal. Bigger the piss the better you'll feel. You might think it will make you feel even more bloated, but that's not the case, and is extremely effective for me personally.

edit; thanks for the tip of apple cider vinegar. I'd never heard that one

Opermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Not interested in weight loss (I am relatively thin), but this sounds promising nonetheless. I wonder if there is any literature on it.

There's nothing but a collection of personal success stories on the internet; the medical community distances itself from natural cures that they can't patent or make a profit from. But yea, pretty much anyone (that I read) who's taken it has noticed some good effect from it. Including me. And the only supplement I've ever tried that lives up to the hype is creatine.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vinegar = acid.

So it's either helping the digestion process directly... or (as it is an anti-bacterial) fighting against some type of something that is arising in the digestion process. Makes sense scientifically.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads