• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kimistry

Reaction score
I also have a SS shirt, specifically their white Egyptian cotton, and found it to be nice, but the fabric to not be super soft. The main reason I plan on buying from them again though, is that they offer a extra slim shirt that does not require me to do any alterations, thereby saving me 20-30 dollars.

Filippos

Reaction score
Dress shirts are actually wider than casual. Both are pretty handsome with excellent fabric choice. Price is just a bargain- not that they are the best on market, but best choice for price point

Drunken Boat

Reaction score
I have one of the $99 Purple Line SuSu shirts (2-ply Albini fabric). Fit and quality are great. Certainly much better than a comparably priced shirt from, say, BB.

DmitryV

Reaction score
SuitSupply has three lines of shirts:

Red Line - the best quality, mother-of-pearl buttons (shanked, crow foot stitched), gussets, single-needle stitching. Sometimes imitation of hand-stitching, sometimes hand-stitched buttonholes. Always 2-ply fabrics (by Albini and Thomas Mason), Egyptian cotton. Sleeves are set in the end, shoulders are pleated. Prices start at $149.

Purple line - plastic buttons (shanked), double-needle stitching, but usually very good fabrics - Egyptian cotton, always 2-ply (fabrics by Thomas Mason, Testa, Albini, Monti). Sleeves are set as usual. Prices start at $99.

Blue line - also plastic buttons (shanked), no gussets, double-needle stitching and decent fabrics (always 2-ply). Sleeves are set as usual. Prices start at $79.

Their shirts are usually made in Eastern Europe (Macedonia, Poland, etc.)

rube

Reaction score
I have a purple line that was gifted to me after buying a couple of MTM's from SS. I had it tailored, but it now fits very well and looks great for something off the rack. Pretty nice construction too.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few faults with SS shirts:
*previous season's Jort/La Spalla buttons were way too thin. (current ones are acceptable)
*the shoulder shirring is a bit too much... shirt looked medieval blousey at times
*enlarged left cuff is a nice touch... unless you wear wristwatch on your right
*french cuff way too large. complete no-go if you are looking at FC

the standard line shirts are okay.

re: "construction quality".... completely overblown on this forum. between SS, BB, RLP, Black Label, Boggi, Kamakura, Luxire.... i have the whole lot, its the same to me. no shirts (or suits or shoes for that matter) just spontaneously unravel and deconstruct by themselves....

...if you like the fabric/pattern, details, and they fit your body and your budget... by all means

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I picked up a Red Line with Thomas Mason fabric and I am happy so far. We will see how it holds up over time but construction looks very good.

I also got the basic blue Purple Line shirt and it fits me very well.

What impressed me most is that as an older, bigger man than their usual clientele, they had some nice suit options. I will probably pull the trigger on a sportcoat and La Spalla suit in the Fall.

The customer service was spectacular at the Atlanta store this weekend.

Last edited:

TedMosby

Reaction score
Their shirts from the tailoring service are good value in my opinion. Got a few of them a year back, and still very satisfied (combined with the large range of options at a price point of 120GBP)

UK2004

Reaction score
I'm half hearted over whether to try their made to measure as fabrics and collars so different to Borrelli. How did you find the cut on the ones you had made?

Kimistry

Reaction score
Oh, one thing I noticed about their cheapest "Cotton Two-Ply" line is that the sides tend to arch/slope up too much such that tucking them in and having them stay tucked in is difficult. I'll notice that they a bit of my dress shirt will be exposed from time to time, so now I avoid those altogether.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you lads still see Suit Supply as demonstrating good 'value'

Not really. SS to me is a purveyor of relatively cheap, trendy, clothing.
As for shirts, my guess is that my impression holds.

IChen

Reaction score
Do you lads still see Suit Supply as demonstrating good 'value'

Ehh for full price retail? Maybe? But for taking time online and looking for deals? Not really?

But I have noticed 2 on a friend which I felt, the fabric was okay, not spectacular even though TMason but not bad at all. I didn't take a look at the construction. Thing I will respect though is that if they fit, they're not bad at all, especially if you don't need tailoring.

It's definitely something to consider. But it's not something I guess I would super recommend? So like, good, not great. If considering suits though, I think ehh.

ACluelessGent

Reaction score
I bought a Red Line wide spread linen-cotton shirt. I am very pleased! One of the nicest shirts I ever had. I can easily compare it to my expensive Kiton shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads