• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dzzzzz

Reaction score

I've found the seat and thigh of their pants fit on par with most of my BB pants(regent, own make, Clark) if not roomier. I think most people complain about their pants cut too tight are actually buying the suit 1 or 2 sizes too small(which is not uncommon nowadays) and/or have a smaller chest-waist drop, so obviously the pants will end up being very small. Or maybe you just have strong thighs...

Baked Potato

Reaction score
God, I'd love to have that green Havana jacket. I mailed them inquiring about future restocks (size EU 44), received an answer stating that the jacket won't be restocked... :(

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just keep checking, I had a similar experience with one of the overcoats, ended up being restocked about 2 months later.

BlairW

Reaction score

Trying to pick between 3 suits - the Havana, Lazio and Hudson. Was able to try on the Havana in my size at the store and surprisingly found the armholes very tight. Wasn't an issue with my Napoli or Sienna. Sizing up solves that but it throws off the other proportions. Does anyone know if the Lazio and Hudson have similarly slim armholes? Anyone else find the armholes tight in any other fits? 

Hudson is slimmer through the arms than Havana, Lazio quite a bit roomier everywhere

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I bought this suit a few months ago and it was listed as a Spring Summer 2016 suit. They have now re-classified it as a Fall/Winter 2016 suit:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/havana-blue-plain/P4865I.html?cgid=Suits

It's one of my all-time best purchases. I would consider it a 4-season suit actually. If you need a semi-casual navy-blue suit, this is it!

How light/dark is the blue? Can you post, or have you posted, a real life picture of the suit? Thanks!

Chulillo

Reaction score
I've found the seat and thigh of their pants fit on par with most of my BB pants(regent, own make, Clark) if not roomier. I think most people complain about their pants cut too tight are actually buying the suit 1 or 2 sizes too small(which is not uncommon nowadays) and/or have a smaller chest-waist drop, so obviously the pants will end up being very small. Or maybe you just have strong thighs...

I work out regularly so it is not only with SuSu that I have to buy one or two sizes up from my regular waist size in order to fit my quads and glutes in them
facepalm.gif

Togas

Reaction score
It's hard to pull off that double breasted look in an American work setting, unless you work at a design agency or in fashion. Frankly most people think you just look weird. It's better to be used for non work occasions. For European work culture maybe it's not as big of an issue.

I think your correct. I'm finding that the double breasted look seems to be reserved for overcoats and trench coats in the US.

Jim Chu

Reaction score
I think your correct. I'm finding that the double breasted look seems to be reserved for overcoats and trench coats in the US.

If it looks good on you, don't be deterred by the rigidity of group-think. If we allow ourselves to be completely sartorially expressionless, we'd all wear navy and gray suits, black socks, oxfords, white shirts and rep ties. But we don't. We push the envelope on most of these things in even the most conservative of workplaces; colorful socks, tan shoes, cut-away collar shirts, funky ties, bracelets, monk trap shoes and loafers, suits with no padding, giant-sized sports watches, pinky rings (ok, maybe that's going too far) - the list goes on. None of these things were traditionally acceptable in the conservative work environment. But we changed the environment by convention.

All I am saying is, choose to be agressively individualistic in style, within a reasonable and balanced framework. For instance, if you wear a db and like it, and it looks sharp on you, make it a nicely-fitting solid navy one (maybe with a reasonable sized belly) and forgo the tan shoes, fedora, polka-dotted socks and bright pocket square on that day - maybe don't even wear a pocket square. Keep it clean. But never let the contraints of yester-year or unstated rules completely control your flow. Don't exagerate the prominence of work-dress rules. In reality, such rules are much more nuanced than we sometimes initially perceive.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am considering the Havana Navy Plain Traveler jacket. I wrote the SS customer service and asked what are their most popular/reliable jackets, and they recommended the Traveler. I am looking for that everyday go-to jacket that can be both dressy and casual.

I like that it is navy and not blue. I assume that this means the color is darker.

I've did a little search in this thread but could not find anyone with a post with the Traveler in the "wild". Any comments or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

The SS collection in my closet includes a couple of Havanas, a Lazio, a Napoli, a Soho, and a tux.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

If it looks good on you, don't be deterred by the rigidity of group-think. If we allow ourselves to be completely sartorially expressionless, we'd all wear navy and gray suits, black socks, oxfords, white shirts and rep ties. But we don't. We push the envelope on most of these things in even the most conservative of workplaces; colorful socks, tan shoes, cut-away collar shirts, funky ties, bracelets, monk trap shoes and loafers, suits with no padding, giant-sized sports watches, pinky rings (ok, maybe that's going too far) - the list goes on.  None of these things were traditionally acceptable in the conservative work environment. But we changed the environment by convention.   

All I am saying is, choose to be agressively individualistic in style, within a reasonable and balanced framework.  For instance, if you wear a db and like it, and it looks sharp on you, make it a nicely-fitting solid navy one (maybe with a reasonable sized belly)  and forgo the tan shoes, fedora, polka-dotted socks and bright pocket square on that day - maybe don't even wear a pocket square. Keep it clean.  But never let the contraints of yester-year or unstated rules completely control your flow.  Don't exagerate the prominence of work-dress rules. In reality, such rules are much more nuanced than we sometimes initially perceive.         

I personally agree with you. Within a specific framework, one can express its own individuality.

I work in a conservative environment (Pharma industry), but I always wear what I like; SB or DB suits, monks, bal boots, chukkas and red socks.
Damn, how I love red socks. I always put them on to board meetings along with a conservative navy suit and brown monks.

Just grabbed
to keep on being different. It's grey anyway...

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering the Havana Navy Plain Traveler jacket. I wrote the SS customer service and asked what are their most popular/reliable jackets, and they recommended the Traveler. I am looking for that everyday go-to jacket that can be both dressy and casual.

I like that it is navy and not blue. I assume that this means the color is darker.

I've did a little search in this thread but could not find anyone with a post with the Traveler in the "wild". Any comments or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

The SS collection in my closet includes a couple of Havanas, a Lazio, a Napoli, a Soho, and a tux.

I've seen the Traveler in person and the fabric is finer than I would like on a sport coat or casual jacket. I would go for one of the other navy Havana sport coats to provide more texture and not look like an orphaned suit jacket.

Jim Chu

Reaction score
I personally agree with you. Within a specific framework, one can express its own individuality.

I work in a conservative environment (Pharma industry), but I always wear what I like; SB or DB suits, monks, bal boots, chukkas and red socks.
Damn, how I love red socks. I always put them on to board meetings along with a conservative navy suit and brown monks.

Just grabbed to keeeing different. It's grey anyway...
Me too. I wear red socks on my "Don't 'F' with me" days. In fact, if I stay up late watching football tonight, red socks will probably be on tap for tomorrow.

If you dress nicely, you probably stand out as being different anyway, so you may as well wear what you want to some degree, i.e, maybe a chalk-strip db with black/white spectator shoes and spats, a top hat, bow tie, a gold walking cane and a long black cloak might be taking it too far. hahaha!

'Keep doing your thing, brother! There will always be jealous people playa hate'n on the style conscious ("Playa hate'n" - damn, did I just date myself?).

smartie-pants

Reaction score
Need some fit tips on the Jort moleskin or corduroy trousers. Are they true to size? run large? run small?

I normally wear a 28, but ended up with a 26 last summer with a pair of grey Jorts. Wondering if the moleskin and corduroy fit the same.

thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads