• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

h3ro

Reaction score
It was mentioned that there were 2 Soho models that were added but I'm only seeing the gray Reda 110s model. Anyone with details on the second?
Love the Soho fit, I have a very similar gray Soho from around 3 seasons ago that gets a lot of work.

mbaltazar

Reaction score

It was mentioned that there were 2 Soho models that were added but I'm only seeing the gray Reda 110s model. Anyone with details on the second?
Love the Soho fit, I have a very similar gray Soho from around 3 seasons ago that gets a lot of work.

No, I also only see one Soho model... and I don't actually like that grey, but really like Soho fit.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
No, I also only see one Soho model... and I don't actually like that grey, but really like Soho fit.

It was a blue/navy pinstripe Soho but was only released on the American website, I looked for it just now but it seems to be gone, it was probably quite popular and sold out fast in all sizes.

The same happened to the double-breasted camel coat I wanted, it completely sold out in around 2 days and was removed from the website.

Chulillo

Reaction score
Hi guys, quick question. I think I have read here a couple of times that SuSu accepts returns on "design your own suits", is that so?? I am really considering this as an option given that I really like how jackets fit me but I can't pull the trousers suits come with... so maybe I can get the jacket in one size and then trousers two or three sizes bigger and then have the waist taken in if needed... what do you think? Too risky?

mbaltazar

Reaction score
I also recall that return theme on Design your own suits.

If they really do accept returns I don't see why it would be risky. They are for sure "standard" suits with odd sizing combinations...

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was a blue/navy pinstripe Soho but was only released on the American website, I looked for it just now but it seems to be gone, it was probably quite popular and sold out fast in all sizes.

The same happened to the double-breasted camel coat I wanted, it completely sold out in around 2 days and was removed from the website.

Actually the blue pinstripe Soho had plenty of sizes left yesterday morning, then later that night it just disappeared. It will very likely come back since that exact same thing happend with the grey Soho I bought the day before. It had plenty of sizes when I checked the previous night then it was just gone later and I only seem the blue pinstripe left.

Luckily for me I kept checking to see if it would come back and it did. I figured the double breasted is not that popular in the US.

Chulillo

Reaction score
I also recall that return theme on Design your own suits.

If they really do accept returns I don't see why it would be risky. They are for sure "standard" suits with odd sizing combinations...

I can confirm they do accept returns. I returned the one I bought.

Thank you both. I thought it would be risky to buy a pair of trousers a couple of sizes bigger then to find out I can't have the waist taken in as much as needed and have SuSu tell me "sorry, we don't accept returns for this items"
facepalm.gif

I will however ask a sales rep or something before pulling the trigger... I still have time because I want a new suit for febuary or march and I am still debating whether to go with SuSu or go to a local tailor...

ultramantaro

Reaction score
Actually the blue pinstripe Soho had plenty of sizes left yesterday morning, then later that night it just disappeared. It will very likely come back since that exact same thing happend with the grey Soho I bought the day before. It had plenty of sizes when I checked the previous night then it was just gone later and I only seem the blue pinstripe left.

Luckily for me I kept checking to see if it would come back and it did. I figured the double breasted is not that popular in the US.

It's hard to pull off that double breasted look in an American work setting, unless you work at a design agency or in fashion. Frankly most people think you just look weird. It's better to be used for non work occasions. For European work culture maybe it's not as big of an issue.

pomor

Reaction score

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's hard to pull off that double breasted look in an American work setting, unless you work at a design agency or in fashion.  Frankly most people think you just look weird.  It's better to be used for non work occasions.  For European work culture maybe it's not as big of an issue.

Yea that's why I believe they stopped selling the Soho in the US for a bit, I completely understand what you're getting at. I don't think you look odd just definitely more formal so I can see why you would feel out of place in many settings.

Unless you're around older gentleman that still tend to prefer the double breasted, which is my situation, I can see many people avoiding it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads