• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pomor

Reaction score

Initially really loved this Havana brown jacket, but after hearing someone's comment about its looking like a coffee sack and my wife commenting that it looked like I was wearing couch fabric, I'm not sure anymore. 

What do you guys think of this jacket? 

Don't listen to them. I have a 3-piece suit from this past summer collection with a similar weave that I wear to my heart's content. (Actually, I liked the brown 3-piece so much I had to get the blue one as well)

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score
EDIT: OK, so the weave is different, but I bet from a few feet away they would look like twin jackets.

MeachamLake

Reaction score
Any experience with the design your own suit program? I am skinny with broad shoulders, and the suit I have, I had to do too much tailoring to the pants and it caused them to drape a little funny. The seperates I have for my suitsupply Tuxedo almost fit perfectly. I want to go to the store and try on a few sizes of Lazio, washington and havana jackets and pants and see which fit best so I can order something through the design your own suit.

Does anybody know if they accept returns on these?
I was told in the London store that they are indeed returnable.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Initially really loved this Havana brown jacket, but after hearing someone's comment about its looking like a coffee sack and my wife commenting that it looked like I was wearing couch fabric, I'm not sure anymore.

What do you guys think of this jacket?

I have the same brown three-piece Havana as pomor and it's one of my favourites, nobody has ever made the coffee sack/couch comment before but I've thought it myself; though it never bothered me.

If we can get away with wearing a full three-piece suit made of a very similar material and still look great, a standalone jacket will be no problem.

joman8390

Reaction score

Any man who wants to be well dressed must immediately stop listening to what women think about style. They are in a completely different world. If you wear it right, and with panache, you will MAKE them love it.

Fact. Nothing is worse than a man who won't make his own clothing decisions or requires approval by his wife/girlfriend.

Kimistry

Reaction score
Last edited:

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The central problem is that women, to paraphrase Jesse James, think they know about men's style... but they don't.

mbaltazar

Reaction score
Don't listen to them. I have a 3-piece suit from this past summer collection with a similar weave that I wear to my heart's content. (Actually, I liked the brown 3-piece so much I had to get the blue one as well)

The suit and jacket are great actually.
About your wives and girlfriends just tell them it's Ralph Lauren. They will love something they dislike if the brand tag is appropriate...

Kimistry

Reaction score

Now you've got me wondering if I should just get the 3-piece suit instead for just $200 more. I also like the weave and subtle blue lines on the suit. I received the brown jacket and it is a bit on the heavier side. I don't think it would be something you could really wear in the summer (perhaps, at best, Spring). Is the suit also the same?

Last edited:

pomor

Reaction score

Now you've got me wondering if I should just get the 3-piece suit instead for just $200 more. I also like the weave and subtle blue lines on the suit. I received the brown jacket and it is a bit on the heavier side. I don't think it would be something you could really wear in the summer (perhaps, at best, Spring). Is the suit also the same? 

It does have lining all the way, but it IS part of the spring/summer collection. However, I would consider it a 4-season. It's medium weight. Equal parts wool, silk, linen. Doesn't really crease.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads