• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep worst part of SS is their stock levels. I'm not convinced things sell out so quick as opposed to them just having little stock

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yep worst part of SS is their stock levels. I'm not convinced things sell out so quick as opposed to them just having little stock
I'm sure it's tough when they have 30 cuts, stocked in sizes between 36 and 46 in S/R/L.

Reaction score
Hey guys, been thinking of pulling the trigger on a SuitSupply suit for a while now. Finally got one and went with a La Spalla in Light Grey Birdseye. What do you guys think of the fit? May shorten sleeves a tad.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, been thinking of pulling the trigger on a SuitSupply suit for a while now. Finally got one and went with a La Spalla in Light Grey Birdseye. What do you guys think of the fit? May shorten sleeves a tad.

Sleeves may be a bit too long, waisthe is definitely too tight

Last edited:
Reaction score

Sleeves may be a bit too long, waisthe is definitely too tight

Thanks. Compete noob here, but when you say waist, do you mean the belt line or the mid section ? Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kimistry

Reaction score

Looks like you need to shorten the sleeves more than a tad. They definitely look long.

Simone1

Reaction score
I wanted to share a little story here! I am European and works with suits daily. I have jackets from top brands like Kiton, Zegna etc, but lately I haven't been spending too much money on clothes, so I figured I wanted to try Suitsupply (Having heard so much of Suitsupply here). I bought a jacket off ebay, for 150 dollars - a linen jacket, in washington fit. I received it today, and I was amazed! This might be the very best jacket I have seen for such a pricepoint (I believe retail is 260 dollars here in Europe).

This goddamn jacket even have functioning buttonholes on the sleeves - for such a price???

I am already heading to the website right now and I am gonna purchase a washington blue check with silk linen cotton jacket. 280 dollars, can you believe it?

MrTopCat

Reaction score
OMG! I just found out that in the section of "Design Your own Suit" there is now a option of choosing fabric and size separately for trousers/ jacket for a S O H O suit! This is so cool. Price is great as well! 399 EUR only ..

Awesome! Maybe they listened to the suggestions we made on here. I'll most likely order a Soho sometime in the future using the design-your-own-suit feature, even if Madisons come back as a regular thing, mostly because the Soho lapels aren't too wide. Can't decide which fabric I want though.

Osbeorn

Reaction score
Just got the Lazio and Hudson three piece

I'm not sure I like the grey buttons for the Lazio, but the fabric is greyish blue, so it might work. The pow pattern is really nice. The back of the vest is brown and I would have preferred a more discrete colour like blue.

The Hudson is made of a very heavy linen cloth, 11 oz or more. The cloth itself is slightly shiny but else a nice deep shade of navy. The pattern is a very discrete herringbone that I hope is captured on the image below. The drawback of this suit is that the sleeve and trouser lining is made out of 100% polyester which is the kind of thing you don't want in a summer suit.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/lazio-blue-check/P4860.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/hudson-blue-plain/P4814.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue

Last edited:

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome! Maybe they listened to the suggestions we made on here. I'll most likely order a Soho sometime in the future using the design-your-own-suit feature, even if Madisons come back as a regular thing, mostly because the Soho lapels aren't too wide. Can't decide which fabric I want though.
Agree. Sorry, I miss understood the post.

Last edited:

vriche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should also try wearing your pants higher. It looks like they're on your hips and not your natural waist.

MxmHrpr

Reaction score
Both in the VBC hopsack which I got a Sportcoat MTM in, but they said they couldn't do trousers in MTM as that fabric was too thin... I knew I was right!

Great fabric, that suit's going to be great in person.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OMG! I just found out that in the section of "Design Your own Suit" there is now a option of choosing fabric and size separately for trousers/ jacket for a S O H O suit! This is so cool. Price is great as well! 399 EUR only .. 

Yabut they should post some info about each available fabric, i.e. composition, mill, weight... Hard to judge fabrics with just a pic like that.

Just got the Lazio and Hudson three piece

I'm not sure I like the grey buttons for the Lazio, but the fabric is greyish blue, so it might work. The pow pattern is really nice. The back of the vest is brown and I would have preferred a more discrete colour like blue.

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/lazio-blue-check/P4860.html?cgid=Suits&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue

That Lazio looks very nice. How's the fabric?

Last edited:

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yabut they should post some info about each available fabric. i.e. composition, mill, weight... Hard to judge fabrics with just a pic like that.

Agree 1,000%. That function could be so cool, but is nearly useless (to me) as is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads