• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joe11

Reaction score
+1. Go for a worsted Navy Lazio. It will match with many more ties and shirts.

I

I would choose the last lazio. But if it was your first suit, I would recommend you a navy blue instead, and use this as a second purchase. The Navy Napoli is A bit more expensive, but it will also be your best friend on such occasions

Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to try out a Navy Napoli, Navy York, and Grey Lazio (I would have gotten a navy Lazio if they had one. I didn't quite like the shades of blue that it has.) I ordered each in a 40L.

I received the suits today. Here's the Napoli:

Here is the Lazio:

Here is the York:

I am not satisfied with the fit of any of these. The sleeves all seem short, especially on the Lazio. I understand that sleeve length can be a challenge with SS due to the functional buttons. I don't know if trying a 42L instead of 40L would be the way to go here.

Also, the side of my right arm is not smooth with any of these, possibly from a shoulder imbalance I have between the left and right sides?

The pants in the pics are from the Napoli. Those each fit kind of snug in the waist and would probably need to be let out slightly to be comfortable.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

zinc2162

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Hudson suit? It might not be a formal business suit but I think I can wear this at my work place. Also, I think the jacket can be worn as a sport coat.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/suits/hudson-blue-plain/P4714I.html?cgid=Suits

I love it. It can definitely be used as an odd jacket too.

FWIW I love it also. I'm considering it or the darker brown herringbone flannel Hudson. I love the Hudson in general, and those two are right up my alley.
So I went to the store and try out the suit today. I think the fit is pretty good. I couldn't take a picture of my back. There is a bit of extra fabric on my upper back but otherwise I am pretty satisfy with the fit. What do you guys think?

Chulillo

Reaction score
I think it looks very good! And that DB suit behind you is a looker... not for everyday wear but whenever you feel a little extravagant... looks awesome haha

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So I went to the store and try out the suit today. I think the fit is pretty good. I couldn't take a picture of my back. There is a bit of extra fabric on my upper back but otherwise I am pretty satisfy with the fit. What do you guys think?
Looks good on the shoulders, but the chest looks too tight. It should be closer to a V shape.

zinc2162

Reaction score
I think it looks very good! And that DB suit behind you is a looker... not for everyday wear but whenever you feel a little extravagant... looks awesome haha

Thanks. Haha, that guy at the back does make the DB looks good.
Looks good on the shoulders, but the chest looks too tight. It should be closer to a V shape.
Thanks. Yes. I always have the problem with OTR suit, the shoulder is right but then the lapel doesn't lay flat. Sizing up one the shoulders might not fit well. Maybe I can let out the chest a bit.

CaptainTohm

Reaction score
I think the York looks servicable. I think the sides might need to nipped, but it looks like a good fit for OTR. If you decide to size up, I'd try to Lazio since it's the slimmest fit, the Napoli would likely be too large to size up in.
Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to try out a Navy Napoli, Navy York, and Grey Lazio (I would have gotten a navy Lazio if they had one. I didn't quite like the shades of blue that it has.) I ordered each in a 40L. I received the suits today. Here's the Napoli: Here is the Lazio: Here is the York: I am not satisfied with the fit of any of these. The sleeves all seem short, especially on the Lazio. I understand that sleeve length can be a challenge with SS due to the functional buttons. I don't know if trying a 42L instead of 40L would be the way to go here. Also, the side of my right arm is not smooth with any of these, possibly from a shoulder imbalance I have between the left and right sides? The pants in the pics are from the Napoli. Those each fit kind of snug in the waist and would probably need to be let out slightly to be comfortable. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Last edited:

yanks2182

Reaction score
I have 1 suit in the Sienna and really love the cut, but would like something without a ticket pocket (I mostly like the minimal padding since I have an athletic frame). Do one of those 2 fit the bill more?

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I have 1 suit in the Sienna and really love the cut, but would like something without a ticket pocket (I mostly like the minimal padding since I have an athletic frame). Do one of those 2 fit the bill more?

The Hudson and Havana don't have shoulder pads. The Lazio has slightly more padding than the Sienna. The Napoli is a more structured shoulder. Lazio would probably fit the bill. Hudson is probably my favorite overall cut. Hudson may be too casual for you though, I don't know. It does have patch pockets.

The Lazio is slimmer through the chest and shoulders. It is also slimmer through the waist but only marginally. The Napoli is actually more aggressively tapered. I size down in Napoli and it is quite slim, while still providing room in the chest and shoulders. Lazio's lapels are probably more like an inch wider, they're pretty big. I prefer the Lazio hands down over Napoli.

fieldofdreams

Reaction score
I came across this $2310 USD Isaia jacket on MrPorter and it looked extremely familiar to something SuitSupply is selling for $499 .

So I looked for the composition of the SuSu jacket (60% silk, 36% wool, 4% cashmere), and it is identical to the Isaia jacket. Of course, I'm sure the Isaia jacket has much more hand made details and it's made in Italy... but the cloth appear to be exactly the same.

Would you look that. I'm not crazy about either of them really. If I had to choose I'd take the SuSu and keep the change.

jimanchower

Reaction score

I received the same suit today and it's fantastic. The fabric is lovely. I think the Hudson is my favorite of all the SS fits, and I believe I've tried all but La Spalla.

zinc2162

Reaction score
I received the same suit today and it's fantastic. The fabric is lovely. I think the Hudson is my favorite of all the SS fits, and I believe I've tried all but La Spalla.

That's great man! I like the fit and fabric a lot too. I do have some doubt on the wide lapels for me though. I am not a big guy and I don't know if I would look good with wide lapels.

I am also pondering the Havana Blue Plain jacket which has similar fit to Hudson (I think) and standard lapel width. The fabric is also quite interesting.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/jackets/havana-blue-plain/C927I.html?cgid=Jackets

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads