• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
@ferdsje & @ebayhtl , good to hear your impressions, appreciate it, thank you! It's a beautiful suit from the pictures and navy birdseye is a great all round fabric. I only need a suit for special occasions, but still want it to be durable enough.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That color is beautiful @Darkside
 It is like a grayish-blue... or a blueish-gray :p 
Really like it and looks good on you. Do you feel the sleeves are too long? 

Thanks buddy. It's more blue than gray but the color doesn't come across well in poor lighting. I'd call it a grayish blue. The sleeves could probably use a shortening of .5 cm but I have started preferring showing less shirt cuff so it doesn't bother me. And that minor of a detail isn't worth major jacket surgery.

Chulillo

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. It's more blue than gray but the color doesn't come across well in poor lighting. I'd call it a grayish blue. The sleeves could probably use a shortening of .5 cm but I have started preferring showing less shirt cuff so it doesn't bother me. And that minor of a detail isn't worth major jacket surgery.
Of course it isn't. I just asked because I have read sometimes on WAYWT people saying someone needed to shorten their sleeves while they looked like the ones on your jacket. But I think they are fine. I do like to show a bit more cuff but I do like them like that as well... it was just curiosity :)
Anyway, it is a great looking jacket :)

jamie411

Reaction score

I think you're showing an appropriate amount of shirt cuff. Nice looking jacket!

MrTopCat

Reaction score
Thoughts on this Hudson suit? It might not be a formal business suit but I think I can wear this at my work place. Also, I think the jacket can be worn as a sport coat.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_CA/suits/hudson-blue-plain/P4714I.html?cgid=Suits

I love it. It can definitely be used as an odd jacket too.

Joe11

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a new member to the forum, but I have been lurking a little for the past couple of weeks. I've been in the military for 9 yrs and I'll be getting out in several months. I'm looking for a single suit that will be great for interviews and be versatile for other occasions in the future...Just from looking online, I like 2 of the Lazios and 2 of the Napolis. I am adding pictures and links below.

Napoli Grey Plain P4747
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P4747I.html

Napoli Dark Grey Plain P2525
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-dark-grey-plain/P2525I.html

Lazio Grey Plain P4737
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-grey-plain/P4737I.html

Lazio Grey Plain P3785
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-grey-plain/P3785I.html

Do you think one of these colors or styles is more appropriate for my situation than the others? I am tall and slim at 6'2.5" and 180 lbs. I may order online or just drive a few hours to NYC. Any input would be really appreciated.

ebayhtl

Reaction score

@ferdsje
 & @ebayhtl
, good to hear your impressions, appreciate it, thank you! It's a beautiful suit from the pictures and navy birdseye is a great all round fabric. I only need a suit for special occasions, but still want it to be durable enough.

If you're just wearing it occasionally it should be fine, and I think good practice is that you won't wear a good quality suut more than once a week or so anyway.

Filippos

Reaction score
I
Hey guys, I'm a new member to the forum, but I have been lurking a little for the past couple of weeks. I've been in the military for 9 yrs and I'll be getting out in several months. I'm looking for a single suit that will be great for interviews and be versatile for other occasions in the future...Just from looking online, I like 2 of the Lazios and 2 of the Napolis. I am adding pictures and links below. Napoli Grey Plain P4747 http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-grey-plain/P4747I.html Napoli Dark Grey Plain P2525 http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/napoli-dark-grey-plain/P2525I.html Lazio Grey Plain P4737 http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-grey-plain/P4737I.html Lazio Grey Plain P3785 http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-grey-plain/P3785I.html Do you think one of these colors or styles is more appropriate for my situation than the others? I am tall and slim at 6'2.5" and 180 lbs. I may order online or just drive a few hours to NYC. Any input would be really appreciated.
I would choose the last lazio. But if it was your first suit, I would recommend you a navy blue instead, and use this as a second purchase. The Navy Napoli is A bit more expensive, but it will also be your best friend on such occasions

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I

I would choose the last lazio. But if it was your first suit, I would recommend you a navy blue instead, and use this as a second purchase. The Navy Napoli is A bit more expensive, but it will also be your best friend on such occasions

+1. Go for a worsted Navy Lazio. It will match with many more ties and shirts.

fish-ana

Reaction score
Hello.

This is my first post here. I am looking for new suit and I really like the Suitsupply styles and the price.

The problem is that I am quite short (5'9 , 175 cm) and wide (80 kg). I train a lot at the gym so I think that the narrowest suit won't fit me. I own one suit which is size 52, and I think the suit is quite slim fit.

I really like the look of Sienna. Do you think it would fit me if I choose maybe the size 26 (short)?

adelaidesky

Reaction score
Hello.

This is my first post here. I am looking for new suit and I really like the Suitsupply styles and the price.

The problem is that I am quite short (5'9 , 175 cm) and wide (80 kg). I train a lot at the gym so I think that the narrowest suit won't fit me. I own one suit which is size 52, and I think the suit is quite slim fit.

I really like the look of Sienna. Do you think it would fit me if I choose maybe the size 26 (short)?

You should really just go buy a fabric tape measure and have a friend measure you.

Wess

Reaction score
I came across this $2310 USD Isaia jacket on MrPorter and it looked extremely familiar to something SuitSupply is selling for $499 .

So I looked for the composition of the SuSu jacket (60% silk, 36% wool, 4% cashmere), and it is identical to the Isaia jacket. Of course, I'm sure the Isaia jacket has much more hand made details and it's made in Italy... but the cloth appear to be exactly the same.

Last edited:

Filippos

Reaction score

Hello.

Buy it, and if it won't fit just return it. In general Suitsupply favors tall and slim silhouettes on their cuts, so odds don't look good. At least try it and it would be also good if you had an opinion from a Tailor to see if could be adjusted. If none of the above is true, just return it. On my experience though, those suits can save you a lot of money if you find a good fit, even with the help of a Tailor.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member