• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ferdsje

Reaction score
Just asked the consumer support about this suit (photo abobe), and told me that it's product code suit P4213, available from half April and shirt H4720, available from half May. Apparently, there's a lot of stuff to come!!

stash

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here.
I was wondering if SuSu salespersons are working based on commission-basis? And will they get commission if they order stuffs on customers' behalf?
In my last visit to NYC, a salesperson helped me out and charged no alteration costs on my online-ordered suit. We had a nice talk and I feel somewhat obligatory to buy my next SuSu suit under his commission (if it's commission based). But I'm kinda OCD on buying stuffs OTR. I feel more comfortable to order from warehouses.
Anyway, let me know if you guys know anything, much appreciated!

dreday

Reaction score
Stash,

SuSu salesreps are commission based. I just ordered a suit from a store a couple of weeks ago. I asked the rep if they are commission based and she said that they are. The size I wanted was ordered from the warehouse and not the store where she was located.

stash

Reaction score
Thanks for your information. Do you know if she get the commission from this warehouse order?

Zippie1jets

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As a note--I also posted this on the tailors thread...so please let me know if cross-posting is frowned upon and happy to delete one. I came here before for my first legit suit and ultimately got a a MTM suit for my first "official" suit after some struggles finding a SuitSupply suit that fit well (lots of issues with collar gap etc.)

For my second suit, tried SuitSupply again to see if I can save some cash, plus got some nice features (i.e. super 130s wool) that would be a lot more MTM.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...n2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Sienna&prefv1=Grey

Question is...how does the suit below look? Worth bringing it in for alterations (i.e. sleeves, chest, pants) or should I just return it and go MTM again?

Any tips on what to request if I go to tailor?

Reaction score

Hi guys, As a note--I also posted this on the tailors thread...so please let me know if cross-posting is frowned upon and happy to delete one. I came here before for my first legit suit and ultimately got a a MTM suit for my first "official" suit after some struggles finding a SuitSupply suit that fit well (lots of issues with collar gap etc.) For my second suit, tried SuitSupply again to see if I can save some cash, plus got some nice features (i.e. super 130s wool) that would be a lot more MTM. http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...n2=styleFit&prefv2=Classic-Sienna&prefv1=Grey Question is...how does the suit below look? Worth bringing it in for alterations (i.e. sleeves, chest, pants) or should I just return it and go MTM again? Any tips on what to request if I go to tailor?
I think it fits you really well. Jacket maybe needs the sleeve shortened a little bit, and pants need to be hemmed. I can't see the shoulder (wich wrinkle a little bit because of the siennas soft shoulder) but it looks like fits you perfectly. How feels the fabric and the color? I like the suit very much

Last edited:

bitrave

Reaction score
I just received my first Lazio suit today (I previously limited myself to the Napoli and have 3 of those) and must say I am impressed! Fit is decent w/o alterations. I will try and post some pics tonight, its this model (http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/suits/lazio-light-grey-faux-uni/P3787.html?vpid=P378705).

On a different note I was so impressed with the Lazio that I'd love to get my hands on a plain navy one. I asked one of the online assistants about it and it seems there may be one coming, anyone cares to comment?

beowolf

Reaction score
The main problem I have with Suitsupply suits are the sleeve length. I am 6'3" will long arms and with the working sleeves it limits my ability to adjust them.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
^This. I'm 5'11" with what I thought were normal length arms until I tried on my first SS jacket. I wish all RTW makers would stop with the working buttons as its just annoying...

Rage Phish

Reaction score
This thread was a HUGE help in me finding the perfect suit for my wedding. THANK YOU ALL

I went with the La Spalla Blue Plain

I received many compliments and could not have been happier with my choice. It was exactly what i had envisioned when i first started looking around

Here's a few pics of how it came out

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads