• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On both of my Washingtons, I simply tuck the flap inside on the ticket pocket.

MrTopCat

Reaction score
thank you for the reply, that photo really does give some perspective (is that a washington? lookin good with that ticket pocket =D). Yeah i don't plan on going with a 34R anymore... more likely im going to try 2 sizes, 36R & 38R.

Question for anyone.
http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suits/lazio-blue-plain/P3786I.html?start=26&cgid=Suits
first photo in that link above... anyone know where to get that tie? it is literally one of the sexiest ties ive ever seen (pattern wise)

Yup, it's a Washington!

You could try on this Lazio as well if you live closeby.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

god damn... i concede. Thats all I've been reading all day. I just personally really like ticket pockets is all >_>. But i guess for the sake of lower risk, ill go with single flaps.
in which case...  no double breast, no ticket pocket, no patch pocket, no stripes, no checks... which basically leaves:

lazio, napoli (FUGGLING!!! fuckin+ugly+boring)

I never realized that a ticket pocket was a reason to pop the champagne bottles. Then just get the Sienna and party.

Kidding aside, what are you interviewing for? that may be helpful for your questions, if you are actually looking for advice.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lol. I've had the waistcoat taken in slightly, so I'm sure it's a better representative of fit. It would also save him on postage and me from having to go to the postoffice. I picked up some shoes from someone on SF the other day and had no problems. Saved me quite a bit on postage and him on paypal fees.

Last edited:

tgod93

Reaction score
I never realized that a ticket pocket was a reason to pop the champagne bottles. Then just get the Sienna and party.

Kidding aside, what are you interviewing for? that may be helpful for your questions, if you are actually looking for advice.
well after i thought about it, i think it might be safer for ME to go with standard suit rather than ticket pocket...
my major is supply chain management and my background/past experience has been in fashion manufacturing/trade (experience with overseas suppliers / domestic retailers).

Thus, the jobs im applying to are mostly/primarily at apparel companies in LA... so perhaps an interviewer at an apparel company might be more keen when it comes to ticket pocket suits

tgod93

Reaction score
no one's asked/mentioned this recently... but do SUSU shirts come with collar stays? if so, are they good enough to keep or do i need to purchase new set?

Bureaucrat

Reaction score
Yes, they come with removable plastic stays. They are sufficient, but I bought a set of brass stays a while back that I much prefer.

ferdsje

Reaction score

Yes, they come with removable plastic stays. They are sufficient, but I bought a set of brass stays a while back that I much prefer. 

I agree, i've purchased different shirts from Suitsupply and the all como with the same plastic stays, even the jort line (wich it's a little disdapointment in my humble opinion)

steffenbp11

Reaction score
The plastic stays are fine by me. And yes, the Jort shirts feature them as well, but so do many of the high end RTW shirts I have handled, for example Barba and Corneliani.
What is more important for me is that the quality of at least the "red line" shirts has improved quite a bit over the past two years. My wife bought me a shirt for X-mas, and it was a lot nicer than the previous ones I bought a few years back: the shirring on the shoulder looks at lot better, the buttons are better stitched and the shape of the (wide spread) collar also seems to have improved.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suitsupply collars are supposed to be a little soft, so plastic stays are perfect for that, as they can bend. Metal stays would defeat the purpose of softer collars, and wouldn't look very Italian. If you're looking for straight and heavily lined/fused collars, you're better off getting a British shirt.

Last edited:

tgod93

Reaction score
Suitsupply collars are supposed to be a little soft, so plastic stays are perfect for that, as they can bend. Metal stays would defeat the purpose of softer collars, and wouldn't look very Italian. If you're looking for straight and heavily lined/fused collars, you're better off getting a British shirt.

good to hear! ill be sure to post some pics after i get everything delivered before/after alterations pics

p.s. in times of urgency... do any of you guys schedule appointments in advance with your tailors? or do people not do that... and just show up the day of? im kinda on a very very tight schedule and need everything finished ASAP and being in a new city and not knowing any tailors is kind of making me worried about long turnarounds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads